Customs Center of Excellence and Automation ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Job ID 162657BR Date posted 11/03/2020 City Farmington State CT Country United States
Raytheon Technologies Corporate Global Trade Customs Leader seeks a Center of Excellence and Automation (COE&A) Manager. The COE&A Manager is responsible for oversight of the customs enterprise continuous improvement and service provider program which includes the deployment of innovative compliant solutions at the business units, leveraging technology to achieve compliance at the speed of business. This role is responsible for identifying and driving the implementation of change that positively impacts our Customs risk profile globally, leveraging cross- functional/cross-business collaboration techniques. This role supports the Global Customs and Transfers Steering Committee.
- Department Objectives: Determine center of excellence and automation organizational objectives/prioritized projects and provide quarterly status. Assist in the development of the corporate global customs and service provider strategy, particularly as it relates to creating standardization of cost and key controls across businesses.
- Documentation and Service Provider Contracts: Design, implement, and maintain clear customs guidance documentation and service provider strategy, aligning stakeholders to achieve results. Recommend and drive modifications to companywide policies or business practices to align with preferred providers and processes. Resolve identifiable issues using stakeholder engagement and collaboration techniques.
- Optimization: Provide proactive guidance on gaps/needs to drive compliance, service provider strategy, and efficiency while ensuring alignment with varying business objectives. Lead cross-functional teams to drive compliance at the speed of business (generally by embedding customs requirements upstream, and developing new concepts, techniques and standards). Track, status, and provide reports and metrics associated with project activities. Achieve optimal results by maintaining balance between business resource allocation, regulatory risk, and business constraints.
- Future needs analysis: Partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify future needs and prioritize projects based on risk and cost savings.
- Customer Experience: Build a culture of accountability and collaboration based on corporate desired outcomes. Influence businesses ongoing improvement to processes and resources to ensure team members continue to make an impact for their business. Represent the organization as the primary contact for third party service providers, corporate stakeholders, as well as support the GT Customs Leader in Government agency advocacy.
- Deliverables: Develop and manage the technical and council roadmaps and report on key deliverables and milestones. Effectively communicate, mitigate risks, implement solutions, take corrective actions, and keep all parties informed while maintaining the expectation of excellence.
- Advisor: Function as a trusted advisor for internal business partners. Manage deadlines and enable clear, concise communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Compliance: Identify and report to Leadership and/or other trade compliance management any potential violations of trade compliance laws and compliance violations and any incidents involving weaknesses in operations. Assists in creation and development of training materials, and when required, provide necessary supplemental training and updates for employees having trade functions. Support internal, external, and government-directed compliance audits and assessments, as required by the Risk Management Customs Leader. Provide consultative support to Raytheon and subsidiaries to evaluate center of excellence and automation requirements and objectives, design corrective action plans, where needed, and drive the implementation of such plans.
- 20-30% travel post-COVID
- 10+ years trade experience in licensing/trade, project management, policy, government relations, business or related field
- Knowledge and application of export/import trade regulations (e.g., International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Export Administration Regulations (EAR), including history with license creation, submission, and management.
- Knowledge and application of Customs systems.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage, respond efficiently and effectively to time-critical issues with competing / conflicting priorities.
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal and external customers.
Master’s Degree in International Business or related
Licensed Customs Broker or Licensing Empowered Official Experience
Global Customs Operational and Compliance Experience
SAP GTS Design Experience
Foreign Language Speaking/writing
Licensing Management Systems
Leadership experience within a matrix, direct, and shared service environment
Executive Presence and Influential Communications skills
Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills; ability to prioritize among demanding and sometimes conflicting requirements.
Excellent customer relationship/interpersonal skills.
Strong verbal and persuasive writing skills.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.