Test Tech IIIBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01406301 Date posted 09/01/2020 City Fairfield State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? Our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Senior Test Technician , assembles and tests various explosive devices under minimal Supervision. The Senior Test Technician sets up and operates instrumentation, Data Acquisition, tooling, and Fixtures in accordance with documentation. Senior Test Techs utilize their job knowledge to perform special (R&D and Failure analysis) testing utilizing one of a kind set-ups. Must be 100%Safety Oriented. Senior Test Technician will attain Explosive Test Operator certification.
- Safely perform lot acceptance testing and production testing, e.g., cross-sectional analysis, detonation velocity, penetration and severance, tensile testing, sensitivity, reliability of transfer and general lot acceptance testing.
- Perform complicated or urgent production jobs as required, e.g., loading and assembling components of various explosive devices.
- Requires interpretation of information in the form of test work requests, Acceptance Test Procedures, manufacturing procedures, drawings, schematics, and verbal instructions from Engineers and Supervisors.
- Safely handle and initiate blasting caps and other energetic devices or materials.
- Ensure associated tooling, Fixtures, and Instrumentation, are in accordance with documentation for the process.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Two-year AS degree (technical) or military “A” school or equivalent.
- Five-Plusyears experience with ordnance products and/or test instrumentation/electronics.
- Ability to read and understand procedures; ability to prepare legible, accurate and complete data sheets.
- Must have good mechanical skills.
- Have knowledge of electronics and instrumentation.
- Familiarity with computerized data acquisition and data reduction.
Working Conditions – Physical requirements and environment:
- Frequent movement among buildings.
- Outdoor environmental working conditions.
- Overtime required occasionally meeting critical project schedules.
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 40 lbs.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms