Technician, LogisticsBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01419683 Most Recent Date Posted 04/06/2021 City Fairfield State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
This position is for a Technician in Materials Planning and SIOP who works under direct supervision. Performs more involved tasks in the Materials Planning and SIOP processes. Uses standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Works under direct supervision to assist with Materials Planning and SIOP program management tasks.
- Translates, distributes, and maintains limited-scope Materials Planning and SIOP policy and procedure documents, manuals, and other related information.
- Collects and analyzes basic data on a periodic basis (e.g., monthly, quarterly) and helps to maintain data management systems.
- Develops routine reports detailing Materials Planning and SIOP activities.
- Develops basic communication materials.
- Tracks the status and documents the findings of small-scale Materials Planning and SIOP projects.
- Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required.
- Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP.
- Executes continuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
- Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/intraplant parts and outbound finished products.
- Tracks and manages inter/intraplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
- May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
- Monitors tracking and shipping.
- Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material.
- Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Lift 35 lbs.
- Be able to work in elements: (indoor & outdoor)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms