NDT Tech I (2nd Shift)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01406320 Date posted 09/01/2020 City Fairfield State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? Our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
- Perform radiographic operations including selection of appropriate techniques, positioning of materials, exposure of film, developing techniques, etc. to identify and assess defects in energetic parts.
- Perform all darkroom procedures to develop film processing of radiographic images.
- Assist in maintaining the radiographic inspection area, inspection room and radiographic equipment as needed.
- Maintaining accurate records of inspections and process logs as required by the method
- Obtain certification(s) and perform or assist in other NDT disciplines as needed.
- Desire to increase technical and leadership skills in the field of Non-Destructive testing (NDT).
- This position will be on our 2nd Shift
- Experience with Ordnance, Aerospace or aviation strongly desired
- Experience in Manufacturing X-Ray field is a plus
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Candidate must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with digital/computed radiography is desirable
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Candidate must meet vision and color perception requirements
- Willingness to work overtime as requested and non-standard hours, including weekends and holidays
- Have the skills and knowledge to carry out necessary preparation of parts before and after inspection in accordance with approved work instruction
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms