Machinist IBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01471813 Most Recent Date Posted 09/14/2021 City Fairfield State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
Machinists can transform a rough product into something complete within exacting tolerances. They enable an organization to produce products on-time and to a customer’s requirement. Machinists work alongside many departments such as: Quality, Engineering, and Operations to produce high-quality products.
- Learn to set up and run conventional machines to produce parts with exacting requirements.
- Learn to select and setup cutting tools, as needed gage tool lengths.
- Detect machining abnormalities and/or malfunctions based on tooling wear and damage
- Perform quality inspection of parts using standard measuring instruments.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment as required.
- Support Continuous Improvement efforts and maintain a safe, clean work area.
- Complete other duties as assigned. Education and Certifications
- High School Diploma. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Completion of a machine shop training program.
- Proficient with precision measuring instruments, i.e., micrometers, calipers, 6" scales, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, sketches, job specifications, job orders, planning documents, and equipment manuals.
- Able to work autonomously and trouble shoot machining issues.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Machine Shop environment using manual machines
- 5-Axis machining and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience working in a low volume, high value part environment.
- Ability to fabricate various parts, fixtures, and jigs using machining equipment: lathes & mills
- Loud environment, use of hearing protection encouraged
- Occasional use of particle masks when interacting with machines
- Work assignments require moderate to strenuous effort.
- Workers must climb, bend, stoop, crawl, and stand for prolonged periods on concrete or metal surfaces.
- Will frequently lift parts and equipment that weigh up to 9 kilograms (20 pounds).
- Occasionally, may lift and carry items that weigh up to 23 kilograms (50 pounds) with mechanical lifting devices or assistance from other workers, if required.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
· Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
· Tuition reimbursement
· Life insurance and disability coverage
· Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
· Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
· Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
· Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
· Autism Benefit
· Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
· Adoption Assistance
· Best Doctors, second opinion program
· And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
· Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
· Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms