Machine Repair Technician 1Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01464265 Most Recent Date Posted 10/11/2021 City Fairfield State California Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
The Machine Repair Technician works to support production machinery with preventive maintenance, on demand repairs, workstation set-up and tool sign out, tracking and calibration.
- Reports to Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Team Leader provides work assignments and guidance
- Tool Room Support
- Support production by using SAP to track tools that are signed out
- Expedite team support by keeping the tool room neat and organized
- Transporting tools to and from the Calibration Lab as needed
- Load Room Set-ups
- Support load rooms by safely and accurately setting up the tools for work
- Learn the correct safety protocols for working around energetics
- Preventive Maintenance
- Learn correct maintenance tasking and techniques for safe execution of Total Preventive Maintenance
- Become familiar with Category A Critical Equipment
- Support Senior Machine Repair Technicians with TPM & repairs to equipment
- The Machine Repair Technician 1 role is an opportunity to become familiar with machine tooling, set up and repairs.
- Initially the successful candidate will be working primarily in the tool room signing out tools and maintaining calibration records
- As opportunities arise, there will become a need to expand the role in depth of knowledge and skillset
- Hands on training of Load Room Set Ups
- Repairing legacy equipment
- Troubleshooting and repairing production machinery and other equipment around the plant
- HS Diploma. In the absence of a HS diploma or GED, 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35lbs unassisted
- Climb ladders and reach heavy objects overhead
- Must be able to become a Collins Certified Forklift Operator
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized and have computer experience
- Experience with SAP a plus
- O365, Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience using hand tools, power tools and diagnostic tools
- Previous tool room experience
- Previous tooling experience
- Both In-Person and Electronic communication skills (virtual meetings, email or use of chat functions)
- Previous Forklift Certification and/or experience preferred
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms