COMPUTER OPERATOR IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 169727BR Date posted 10/06/2020 City Elmendorf AFB State AK Country United States
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Computer Operator for the Cobra Dane program. This position will support radar and communication system Operations and Maintenance (O&M) at the Cobra Dane radar site on Shemya Island, Alaska. This is a SCA position and reports to a Site Manager. The typical rotation for this position is on island for 8 weeks and off island at home for 5 weeks. Successful candidate will have two rotational periods to obtain Computer Operator certification.
ONCE FULLY CERTIFIED THIS POSITION PERFORMS THE FOLLOWING TASKS
Coordinates and initializes the AN/FPS-108 radar startup and shutdown procedures. Monitors the mission program and alerts. Activates fence configurations per collection requirements from outside agencies. Initializes and prepares radar system and communications for predicted mission activity. Loads and unloads tape for mission and disk backup activities. Coordinates preventive and corrective maintenance, and software development outages with internal and external agencies. Monitors fire, security and facility performance monitoring stations. Coordinates emergency personnel and damage assessment actions. Acquires documents, reduces and transmits data from radar calibration satellites. Loads, inventories, destroys and documents cryptographic media. Inventories and maintains magnetic media libraries. Cleans magnetic media as required. Degausses, declassifies and disposes of unusable or obsolete magnetic and CD media. Monitors logs and trouble reports for accuracy and timely submission. Monitors and maintains access control to the operations center and computer room. Notifies internal and outside agencies of any system anomaly or malfunction which may result in system degradation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a U.S. Citizen; this position requires an existing DoD Secret clearance.
- Experience in maintaining SECRET magnetic media library, documentation, and production control functions.
- Computer experience to include Windows environments and Windows Office Suite.
- Experience with Automated Digital Processing Equipment (ADPE), to include Windows PC (Win 7-Win 10), associated peripherals, dumb terminals and mainframe computers.
- Two years’ experience in an operational defense environment.
- Ability to follow checklist-driven tasks quickly and accurately
- Ability to manage multiple critical tasks concurrently.
- Experience with Digital Equipment VAX 6523 VMS computer cluster and control groups; Digital Equipment MicroVAX 3100; Digital Equipment VAX station 4000.
- Knowledge of Data, Voice and Network equipment Knowledge of Disk Drives and Controllers; Real Time Interface; Peripheral Controllers; Line Printers; and Crypto equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent and vocational or military training in space/computer operations.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.