Writer and Communications SpecialistBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 187606BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/07/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Partner with RI&S DT service leaders & RI&S Comms to provide highest level of transparency with internal and external DT communications. The ideal candidate is a team player, an excellent communicator, strong writer, creative, and naturally curious.
- Supports strategic & tactical communications efforts that impact the entire DT organization, including but not limited to: online digital media materials, websites, short-form articles and blog materials, video scripts, newsletters, brochures, communications campaign materials, and presentation materials
- Edits, writes, and/or rewrites articles, publications, presentations, and other materials to communicate information to a wide range of internal and external audiences
- Advises writers and researchers in matters of style, syntax, and usage to improve the general quality and effectiveness of communications
- Collaborates with DT leaders and employees to execute communication strategies & plans to provide the highest level of transparency and achieve desired communication outcomes
- Work with subject matter experts to synthesize technical concepts and translate them for general audiences
- Aligns to RTX and RI&S Communications' schedule and RI&S branding & style guidelines
- Contributes in the planning, development, & execution of communication campaigns, initiatives and events
- Explores, develops & executes creative, innovative communication designs & channels to resonate with targeted audiences and achieves desired outcomes
- Measures & evaluates communications outcome performance
- 2+ years communication writing experience
- High level of writing, editing, proofing and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in developing and implementing results-based communication strategies
- Proven ability to transform complex technical information into concise, easily digestible content for general audiences
- Creative and critical thinker, able to work through ideas from conception to execution
- Experience crafting presentations for executive and other high-level audiences
- Proven ability to independently produce top-notch communication materials including online digital media materials, website copy, short-form articles and blog materials, video scripts, newsletters, brochures, communications campaign materials, and presentation materials
- All candidates should be prepared to share, during their interview, a portfolio with different types of content produced.
- Able to work 100% remotely
- Experienced in Digital, IT and/or A&D industry
- Project management experience in the communications or marketing areas
Bachelor's degree or Military experience may substitute for some requirements. Military technical certification credit for military experience (* military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service versus civilian training)
- This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.