TechStudent-JuniorBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Job ID 168169BR Date posted 09/09/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Apply knowledge and experience of Optics and Lasers to provide design, evaluation, assembly, integration and test support for the development and production of advanced Imager Turret, Optical and Sensor subassemblies. As part of an Engineering Team, this position may include performing critical opto-mechanical alignments, component evaluations, setting up of opto-mechanical and Alignment support systems, testing and troubleshooting of optical components and system assemblies; providing expertise to evaluate and solve production and quality issues. Contribute to multiple programs as a technical resource. Work and contribute in a fast paced, integrated, multi-disciplined team environment.
Interest in optical engineering
- Direct, hands-on optical laboratory and analytical experience
- Experience using autocollimators, alignment scopes, interferometers or other optical test equipment
- Familiarity with optics fabrication techniques and limitations
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with MS Office tool suite
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Have strong technical aptitude as shown by strong grades or hands on lab experience
- Be a hands on person with ability to work with production equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to apply basic principles, theories, and concepts within the electrical engineering fields and general knowledge of other related disciplines
- Ability to demonstrate delivery quality and timely results
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task.
- Interest or experience with interferometers and MTF test systems
- Interest or experience with airborne optical imaging systems
- Interest or experience with hyperspectral systems
- Interest or experience with laser systems
- Interest or experience with radiometric calibration
- Experience in in-depth analysis and troubleshooting of image quality, stray light, radiometric and line of sight requirements and capabilities.
- Experience in alignment, bonding, evaluation, data collection and analysis for reflective and refractive multi-spectral imagers.
- Existing Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
- Team and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience through school or extracurricular projects
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (Please upload an unofficial transcript when applying)
- Must be at least a Junior Standing in an engineering, science, or mathematics as of Summer 2021
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 168169
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.