Sr Systems Administrator IBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 160993BR Date posted 04/27/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The candidate’s day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to: Linux / Unix server management; storage management; file server management; access management; data backup; software and license configuration; and workstation support. Each day in the life of a Linux / Unix Systems Administrator can bring something new – building a new IT infrastructure for a group of engineers, restoring files due to an outage, updating virus definitions and security patches, teaming with our brilliant engineers on how to improve their processes, and more.
Our team is passionate, diversified, and growing. The environment for our IT professionals is dynamic, which will allow you to interface with various internal and external customers and expand your scope of expertise. Our collaborative work environment encourages individuals to work in teams, but to also be comfortable working independently. We value our employees and encourage continuous learning within the organization.
By any measure, Raytheon is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions. Besides supporting our noble mission and collaborating with diverse and talented individuals, other benefits at Raytheon include a flexible 9/80 schedule, technical training, career growth opportunities, new technology immersion, and a work site 3 miles from the beach and LAX International Airport and minutes from the LA Metro green line train station.
- Critical thinking – ability to solve technical problems independently and with collaborative teams
- A knack for technology in general, and even better if Linux/Unix technologies
- Minimum 6 years of experience supporting Linux operating systems with strong knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 6 or newer
- Experience with Linux architecture, deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, and troubleshooting
- Integrated AD authentication (Kerberos, LDAP and/or Centrify)
- Experience with SMTP, DHCP, DNS, NIS, LDAP, CIFS, NFS, Samba and *NIX system security
- Experience with infrastructure backup, restore, disaster recovery and business continuity products like Symantec NetBackup
- Experience with security infrastructure products and capabilities (e.g. Antivirus)
- Experience gathering requirements, designing, and implementing appropriate solutions
- Experience with application installation and multi-server environment/deployment
- Experience with an IT incident/service request system
- Effective written and interpersonal communication
- Experience with HP server hardware support and diagnosis
- Experience with HP storage hardware support and diagnosis
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- High availability and failover scenarios, load balance environments
- System monitoring experience
- Automation via scripting - file replication, file system tuning, upgrading and configuring
- System configuration management experience
- Experience with HP server and storage hardware
- Knowledge of NAS and/or SAN (e.g. NetApp)
- Experience with VMware ESXi and vCenter technologies
- Familiar with Splunk & Centrify products
- BASH Scripting
- Familiar with Ansible
- CompTIA Security+ certification or other industry-recognized certifications relevant to a Linux/Unix System Administrator
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology or related technical discipline and a minimum of 4 years related experience or in lieu of a Bachelor's degree a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.