|The Advanced Manufacturing, Modernization, and Technology (AMMT) team is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and imaginative team member to perform a variety of analytics, reporting and software development functions on the Digital Factory team.|
This team member will be working closely with the Factory Automation Engineering teams in multiple locations across the US and will report to the Digital Factory Manager. The sites include El Segundo, Goleta (CA), McKinney (TX), Forest (MS) and Largo (FL), in addition to operations and automation engineers from other Raytheon business units. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of software design, development and test, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a creative, innovative mindset.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Learning, supporting and developing within the Digital Factory and other Industry 4.0 projects. The candidate is expected to become an authority in this system within the first year.
- Programming software utilized by the factory for both physical and digital automation control.
- Contribute to both major projects with an integrated development team as well as have primary responsibility for smaller, more independent projects.
- Analyze and correlate large, complex data sets and provide information reports to users for further analysis.
- Ensure data integrity to be utilized by data visualization solutions using software such as (but not limited to) Splunk, Ignition, and Microsoft Power BI.
- Examine data from various platforms and multiple disparate or integrated data sources, merge structured and unstructured data, and develop and implement analytics reports and visualization toolsets.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience in software development, data analytics, computer vision, artificial intelligence, or other related field.
- Experience with LabVIEW, TestStand, Python, or other programming languages.
- Experience in object-oriented design and data structures.
- Knowledge of UML / SysML or architecture frameworks.
- Have a good understanding of client-server architecture.
- Experience in algorithm design, problem solving and diagnosis.
- Familiarity with DevOps, Scrum, and/or Agile
- Familiarity with data analytics tools with the ability to prepare, process, analyze, and visualize significant amounts of information from multiple data sources while keeping the big picture in mind.
- Ability to interpret end user needs to generate requirements for both software and reporting and create design specifications.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Must be a US Citizen as the position will require the ability to access US only Data Systems
U.S. Citizenship status is required as only U.S Citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance
- Experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory concepts.
- Experience with data visualization utilizing data analytics, AI or machine learning.
- Familiarity with cyber and/or cyber-physical systems security protocols.
- Understanding of Lean principles and terminology, Six Sigma, and/or agile scrum.
- Some project management experience
- Ability to support the manufacturing floor during troubleshooting and sustainment.
- Proficient on MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems).
- Experience with Transactional Automation (use of API, XML, OData).
- Understanding of networking concepts (ie: TCP/IP).
- Ability to collaborate with automation suppliers and integrators.
- Experience or education in systems engineering and application to automation systems.
- Experience with automation systems (robots, vision systems, PLCs, etc.).
- Bachelors in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related technical fields
- Master’s in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or related technical fields