Sr Software Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 177471BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions.
A qualified candidate for the Space Programs will apply technical expertise associated with software development and design for embedded flight software to develop, integrate, and validate Flight Hardware and Software at Board, Unit, & System level. Primary responsibilities will span the entire software development cycle including defining the requirements and architecture, developing and testing flight code, and supporting the integration and validation of the software on hardware. Additional responsibilities include: system, unit, and module software & system test activities, requirements management/development, software architecting and preliminary design.
The candidate must be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently, and the ability to manage personal workload to meet assigned deadlines. The candidate should have experience successfully working in a collaborative environment with varying team sizes.
***Position requires US Citizenship as candidate will be required to have a US Security Clearance day one of employment***
- 6+ years of related technical individual contributor experience in large team software engineering development
- Experience with Linux and embedded development systems
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience with full software life-cycle( development, implementation, test, design and overall architecture)
- Experience with Test Development Environments (LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW, TestStand)
- Experience with Interfaces: GPIB, Spacewire
- Experience writing Software Requirements Specifications and Preliminary design development
- Experience with software test activities
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
Top Secret with in-scope (5yr) SSBI.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to access US only data systems
- Experience with Space Flight test and Integration
- Experience with software implementation of timing and controls
- Experience with Built in Test (BIT) implementation
- Experience with Configuration Management tools
- Experience with tools such as RHAPSODY, JIRA, VectorCast, and GoogleTest
- Experience with automated test tools, techniques, and practices
- Experience with Agile-Scrum methodology
- Understanding of software development best practices and processes
- Knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
- Bachelor of Science in a STEM degree from an accredited University
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.