Sr. RF/Microwave Electrical Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167126BR Date posted 09/02/2020 City CA State El Segundo Country CA
A successful candidate should have demonstrated expertise in Antenna/RF Modeling/Simulation & Design and Development. This group designs electronic hardware utilizing Antennas, Power Amplifiers, and Receivers. Efforts include development of RF Subsystems and modules using state of the art circuit simulation and modeling tools. The candidate will be capable of performing Platform and RF sub-system modeling to provide our customers with performance evaluations of our EW Subsystems that are installed on various airborne, shipboard, and UAV platforms. The candidate will have demonstrated expertise with RF modeling and simulation with RF subsystems, modules, and components using MATLAB, ADS, and HFSS simulation tools or equivalent. Familiarity with Genesys is desired. The candidate will have demonstrated development of complex RF circuits and circuit cards. Experience with RF System on Chip (RFSoC) devices is desired.
Efforts will also include verification and validation testing support of prototype and production designs. Efforts will include test planning to support development of RF Subsystem/Modules.. The position will also performs technical & cost trade studies, and product selection for commercially available components. All designs incorporate Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques including simulation and prototyping necessary to validate the simulations and to develop statistical margins.
Candidates will be expected to provide recommendations and solutions to a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, and working independently or in small groups. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop, simulate, document, support, debug, and test various types of digital, and mixed-signal, power circuit, and other interface circuit level / board level designs.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Electrical Engineering RF circuit design & development, or 4 years with a Masters Degree
- Must have experience with circuit design simulation for RF modules and circuitry
- Must have a detailed understanding of Amplifiers, Antennas, Oscillators, LNAs, ADCs, DACs, attenuators, and other RF/Microwave modules/components.
- Must have experience using RF/Microwave test equipment such as Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, VNAs, Arbitrary Waveform Generators, and high-speed Oscilloscopes
- Current experience with the listed design tools such as, Spice, ADS, MATLAB, HFSS and/or Schematic/Layout tools
- Experience effectively partnering with internal resources, and customer focused
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires DoD U.S. Security Clearance within 1st year of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- EW Sub-Systems Engineering Experience
- Familiarity with EMI/EMC Design practices for digital circuits, and/or testing to Mil-Std-461 test requirements is a strong plus.
- Mentor Board Station and Expedition Schematic/Layout
- Advocate for process improvement (e.g. CMMI and Six Sigma); experience building strong relationships and effectively partnering with internal resources; customer focused
- Power Supply and Analog design and modeling
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) project management/accounting
- Bachelor of Science degree in STEM (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent)
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.