Sr. Principal RF Engineer - Design, Integration, and Validation of Test EquipmentBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 179726BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/29/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Principal RF Engineer - Design, Integration, and Validation of Test Equipment to join the Space Test Automation team at our El Segundo, California campus to further help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. In this role you will lead and be responsible for leading the design, development, assembly, Integration & Test (I&T), and validation of RF Special Test Equipment (STE) for Space hardware and remote sensing applications.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about advances in technology, has an innovative mindset, dedicated to catalyzing continuous improvements, and enjoys proactive interaction and collaboration with multiple engineering teams and functional disciplines.
Security Clearance Requirement: An active and in-scope Secret or above level U.S. Security Clearance is required; U.S. citizenship is required due to U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Extensive technical leadership experience with RF and/or Digital systems
- Comprehensive understanding of RF Engineering fundamentals and applications
- Extensive leadership experience in an engineering laboratory transitioning from design to production / manufacturing performing STE hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities through creating assembly procedures and test plans
- Vast Test equipment applications experience, including: Phase Noise Analyzer (PNA), Spectrum Analyzer, RF Signal Generator, Power Meter, Oscilloscope, Power Supplies, etc.
- Experience leading and generating Electrical Interconnect Diagrams (EICDs), Electrical component / RF test equipment drawings, schematics, rack layouts, and/or Design Under Test (DUT) test fixtures
- Extensive technical and functional engineering leadership experience, including: integrated product team lead and/or program cost and schedule accountability
- Experience with presenting program status and program cost and schedule accountability reviews throughout the engineering product lifecycle for executive leadership, functional management, and/or senior level internal / external stakeholders
- Proposal development experience, including: Basis of Estimate (BOE) creation. (Earned Value Management ((EVM)) experience highly preferred)
- Experience creating and presenting formal review packages, such as: Test Readiness Review (TRR), Failure Review Board (FRB), Material Review Board (MRB), and/or Consent to Ship Review (CTSR)
- Current Secret Security Clearance required (Top Secret, SSBI, and/or above level Security Clearance highly preferred)
- Extensive Defense Space Systems experience
- Experience in generating Verification Compliance Requirements Matrices, Requirements Verification Plans, Test Requirements Documents, Test Procedures and Requirements Sell-off Documents
- Demonstrated test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis experience
- Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices for Space Hardware
- Considerable experience in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles)
- In-depth understanding of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) computer architecture, interconnect/interfaces, and standard communication protocols
- Major experience developing embedded software or firmware
- C++, Python, LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA, or related programming experience
- Experienced electronic packaging design and integration experience
- Experience leading the design or directly participating in development of low-to-medium complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs)
- Proficient with standard industry tools like; DOORS, Visio, Mentor Graphics, AutoCAD and/or Test Stand
- Technical publications and/or patents
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program (Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, and/or RF Engineering highly preferred) with 10+ years' of relevant experience required, OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program (Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, and/or RF Engineering highly preferred) with 8+ years' of relevant experience required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.