Sr Principal Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) Electro-Optics (EO/IR)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 178529BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/17/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
- Utilize Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools and act as a subject matter expert enabling the team to efficiently model systems
- Perform system engineering tasks including:
- defining system architecture
- deriving requirements
- developing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Maintaining close coordination with various ISRS programs in order to help shape and align ongoing efforts
- Present technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Participate in peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration, and test
- Interface with team leads, team members, and other teams (Software and Hardware) on a daily basis
- Participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates
- Ensure consistent application of engineering best practices and activity undertaken are conducted to common standards in accordance with outlined processes
- Work with limited supervision, and take ownership of projects and processes to achieve schedule and technical goals as assigned
- Minimum 10 years of related systems engineering experience, including experience with Model-Based Engineering / Model-Based Systems Engineering - ideally with EO/IR systems.
- Experience with MBSE engineering tools (eg Cameo, Doors Next Gen, MagicDraw, SysML) to include requirements generation and flowdown in a connected framework.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycles and application of relevant methodologies and toolsets.
- Experience with Electro-Optical and Electro-mechanical design
- Experience with production and sustainment of sensor electronics and/or mechanical parts
- Experience writing software or scripts in multiple languages such as Python, Bash, C++, Java, VBA or Powershell
- Proposal management, from initial pursuit and capture planning to proposal delivery
- Experience providing engineering inputs for execution plans and Estimates at Completion (EAC)
- Experience with the technical review and approval of proposals and Gates to ensure technical and execution feasibility
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.