Sr Principal Comm Network Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 171898BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/18/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
This senior technical position requires a top performer with domain knowledge and the ability to create new algorithms and paradigms in the areas of wireless networking and computing, software defined networking, network security (including cyber), machine learning, and wireless/RF communications in extremely constrained or hostile environments. This role requires regular engagement with senior managers, customer counterparts, as well as with internal Raytheon teams, and active participation in customer and program technical reviews. The Senior Principal Engineer is responsible for aiding technical solutions that satisfy a diverse set of customer requirements.
Responsibilities of the Senior Principal Engineer include:
- Aiding with the development of space mission communication/network architecture trades
- Develop the technical vision and strategies for solving real world problem across a variety of programs
- Provide engineering and technical leadership for space systems programs from product concept, proposal development, to integration & test and product delivery.
- Provide engineering guidance to all decisions impacting product integrity, system performance, and system functionality.
- Provide technical support in developing and maintaining the analysis to predict overall system performance
- Coordinate, write, and deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Systems or Communications Engineering with an emphasis on networking
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields with relevant work experience
- Must have technical knowledge of networking concepts, network protocol design, L2/L3 protocols, and RF systems
- Ability to perform payload SWAP, performance, and affordability analyses, as well as trade studies in ground segment, constellation design, and communication payloads.
- Experience using network simulation and emulation tools
- Must have direct experience with the systems engineering lifecycle to include requirements development, analysis, verification and validation
- Familiar with Cyber Security design principles
- Must have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation), and experience dealing with customers, management, technical staff, and internal / external organizations.
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required as this position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance and access to US only data systems as of 1st day of employment.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields with relevant work experience
- Familiar in deploying a rigorous Integrated Product Development Process
- Familiar conducting critical design reviews, test readiness reviews, and test review boards
- Experience in proposal preparation, cost and schedule estimation and technical documentation related to contract deliverable items
- Familiar in performing Mission & CONOPS analysis
- Familiar as an LSE, Network IPT Lead or CE on previous programs
- System level architecture & modeling experience
- Experience using STK
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Sciences, or Mathematics or related STEM discipline
**U.S. Citizenship Status is requires as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems**
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.