Sr. Mixed Signal Electrical Design Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 177942BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and verification of read-out ICs (ROICs) for visible and infrared focal plane arrays. Candidate must be able to evaluate various aspects of the process flow from design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power use. Also must be able to determine architecture design, logic design, and system simulation and define module interfaces ats for simulation.
Key skills required are the ability to design mixed-signal integrated circuits for image sensors, including analog signal chain, digital timing and image processing, and low-power 12 – 14 bit on-chip analog to digital converters.
Proven experience with the design of readout integrated circuits (ROIC) for cryogenic temperatures and radiation hardening is desirable. Candidate may be required to guide the successful completion of major design tasks and may function in a project leadership role, which can include technical leadership, budget, schedule, and metrics tracking
- At least 6 years of experience in full-custom CMOS Integrated Circuit (IC) design at the transistor level.
- Strong working knowledge of semiconductor device physics, semiconductor processing, linear IC design, simulation, layout, and testing.
- Familiarity with IC Design Flows, CAD tools, and statistical design
- Experience with analysis and programming using MATLAB.
- Experience with at least one computer programming or scripting language
- Knowledge and ability to hand layout critical analog and mixed-signal circuits
- Must be process oriented and able to complete designs on schedule and within budget
- Prior experience successfully executing quick turn developments for commercial, defense, and/or space industries
- Knowledge of high-end UNIX based software design tools for circuit simulation, transistor model extraction, noise analysis, linear design, layout and layout automation, and verification is preferred
- Experience with LVDS transmitters and receivers, low noise and low power amplifiers, and radiation and cryogenic tolerant design techniques is desirable
- Experience in ADC design and test is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM with 6+ years of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in STEM or PhD in Electrical Engineering
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Pay Range: $104,900-$141,700
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.