Sr. Digital Electrical Design Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 166963BR Date posted 08/21/2020 City CA State El Segundo Country CA
A successful candidate should have demonstrable expertise in Digital & Mixed-Signal Design and Development. This group designs electronic hardware utilizing Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) Volatile and Non-Volatile Memory Devices, High-Speed Serial and Ethernet Interfaces, ADCs, DACs, Power Conversion Electronics, Built-In-Test circuits, and associated digital/power backplanes. Efforts include developing of circuits and modules using schematic capture and performing circuit simulations and validation with high-speed circuit design models using SPICE and other circuit simulation and modeling tools. Candidate will be capable of performing and overseeing high speed Signal Integrity Analysis and is familiar with BERT evaluation/testing. The candidate will have demonstrated development of complex and high density digital circuits and circuit cards. Experience with RF System on Chip (RFSoC) devices is desired, as well as capability with using Programmable Logic test and debugging tools.
Efforts will include verification and validation testing support of prototype and production designs. The candidate will support new business development technical proposals. Our designs satisfy rigorous requirements of DoD programs. The position will also performs technical & cost trade studies, and product selection for commercially available components. All designs incorporate Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques including simulation and prototyping necessary to validate the simulations and to develop statistical margins.
Candidates will be expected to provide recommendations and solutions to a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, and working independently or in small groups. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop, simulate, document, support, debug, and test various types of digital, and mixed-signal, power circuit, and other interface circuit level / board level designs.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Electrical Engineering circuit design & development, or 4 years with a Masters Degree.
- Must have experience with circuit design simulation for digital circuitry
- Must have a detailed understanding of op amps, comparators, power conversion topologies, ADCs and DACs, and other interface circuits
- Must have experience using digital test equipment such as Logic Analyzers, Signal Generators, and high-speed Oscilloscopes.
- Current experience with at least 1 of the listed design tools such as, Spice, ADS, MATLAB, and/or Schematic/Layout tools
- Experience effectively partnering with internal resources, and customer focused
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires DoD U.S. Security Clearance within 1st year of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- EW Sub-Systems Engineering Experience
- Familiarity with EMI/EMC Design practices for digital circuits, and/or testing to Mil-Std-461 test requirements is a strong plus.
- Mentor Board Station and Expedition Schematic/Layout
- Advocate for process improvement (e.g. CMMI and Six Sigma); experience building strong relationships and effectively partnering with internal resources; customer focused
- Power Supply and Analog design and modeling
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) project management/accounting
- Bachelor of Science degree in STEM (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent)
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.