Sr. Cyber Defense Technologist IBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 179026BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The RIS Cybersecurity Solutions, Operations and Defense team is seeking an experienced IT Security Technologist to conduct all aspects of IT security operations and compliance practices. The Technologist will be responsible for implementing the company’s enterprise information security controls and processes that support vulnerability management and IT security governance processes. Team members perform system and application assessments to ensure controls are implemented as designed and are adequate and functioning to ensure appropriate security and maintain compliance with policies, procedures, applicable laws, regulations and governance standards. The Technologist will work in a matrix environment and be responsible for engaging with Corporate IT Security, RIS DT and program personnel, service and process owners on the documentation, evaluation, and monitoring of the appropriate IT controls in the networked and segregated computing environments. This includes the development of new practices and performing IT security reviews to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of company data. The ideal candidate will have experience in system administration, network administration and IT security fields (including compliance, penetration testing or NIST SP 800-53 security controls).
- Perform vulnerability assessment and remediation activities, and coordinate scanning activities with the enterprise network scanning activities.
- Perform risk assessments and/or pen testing on local networks and systems, and developing the associated mitigating controls to maintain the appropriate security posture.
- Conduct and support the assessment of software vendors to gain insight into the maturity of their cyber security technologies, processes, and controls and build awareness of effective cyber security practices.
- Develop and deliver IT security awareness materials in support of the IT Security Awareness events and activities.
- Respond to and document computer security incidents reported by users and received through RayCERT to minimize the impact of an incident by quickly identifying, alerting, responding and mitigating the incidents and return systems to a secure operational status.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and use of mitigation controls in accordance with the company’s security compliance standards.
- Conduct, support and research the interpretation and execution of company policies
- Assist program, system owners, and end users to understand IT security related policies / controls and identify remediation options, and prioritize them to completion.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Secret Clearance
- A total of 6 years of progressive IT security or compliance experience with a related B.S./ B.A. or 4 years of progressive IT security or compliance experience, and an M.S./ M.A. degree.
- Experience in Unix/Linux system administration
- Strong comprehension of IT security concepts and practices including vulnerability and compliance tools and processes, awareness of vulnerabilities, emerging threats, and the ability to map adversarial tactics to effective controls
- Knowledge of network technologies / protocols and computer system administration in large scale enterprise technology environments
- Experience in documentation of processes, procedure and concept or operations
- Good social, verbal, and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively develop and present analytical data to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Certified IT security professional
- Willing to travel based on operational requirements
- Knowledge of IT security frameworks, compliance and audit.
- Knowledge of Raytheon Technologies Digital Technology security policies, tools and systems.
- Exposure to IT policy and procedure development.
- Certified security professional – CISSP, CISM, CCSP, CISA, CCSK, CRISC, CEH.
- Microsoft PowerShell or Visual Basic.
- Microsoft Excel functions.
- Practical knowledge of Operational Technologies (OT) and assessment methods.
Education Required: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, IT Security or related field OR 14 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
This position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.179026
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.