Space Systems - Section ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 179097BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/06/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The Raytheon Technologies Intelligence and Space Systems Engineering Center is seeking a Section Manager (SM) for our Special Programs and Space Mission Analysis Department. Our team is developing the next generation of space systems architectures, space vehicle systems, space mission payloads, and algorithm development for ground processing. We would like to hear from you if you have the initiative and qualifications in either EO/IR, RF technology, sensor test, orbital mechanics, digital signal processing, algorithm development, or space mission architecting.
The section manager performs direct line management activities for 10-20 engineers responsible for System Engineering, Modeling & Simulation for space programs. The SM is also a key technical contributor to the programs supported by the section, as well as a central contributor to new business development activities. The SM activities include career development and performance evaluation and management of their people, resource acquisition and allocation, championing best engineering practices, actively engaging with programs to facilitate and ensure proper execution, and development of proposals. The SM ensures two-way communication for section members, serves as a liaison to the programs ensuring technical, cost and schedule parameters, as well as overseeing section member job assignments, performance and recognition.
**This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $20,000**
You will work with professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees. You will continue your career in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through thought and teamwork.
Responsibilities include coordinating program staffing needs and optimizing staffing across skills and experience to meet demand of mission area. In addition, the SM will team with Department Manager in the execution of Center and SAS engineering goals and will be expected to participate in Department and Center level meetings. The SM must have demonstrable expertise in space systems, systems engineering, production support, and leadership experience. Section Managers will engage regularly with program IPTLs in producing EACs and proposals and will facilitate the department/center level approvals of such.
The Section Manager will engage regularly with the Program Area Chief Engineer (PACE) to communicate and coordinate changes in staffing needs. Section managers will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the technical roadmaps for the capabilities offered by their section. Organization and strong communication skills are required for frequent interactions with operations, chief engineers, department managers and program managers to ensure proper support to the Space Systems mission area.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in space systems engineering, analysis, and/or verification
• Experience/participation in proposal development (Cost and Technical)
• Demonstrated leadership experience in the range of system engineering processes, including requirements definition, design, test planning, test execution, data analysis, and operations support
• Multidisciplinary leadership experience in the engineering design and/or test of optical and/or RF systems and associated special test equipment
• Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
• Capable of effectively working in a team environment, often under tight deadlines
• Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization
• 5+ years Experience in Task Management or other Lead role on Large Development jobs
• Modeling and simulation of space systems
• Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
• Experience in environmental test methods
• IPTL & EVMS experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related STEM degree
**U.S. Citizenship Status is requires as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems**
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.