Space Systems – EO/IR AnalystsBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 179058BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/14/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
We are seeking a Systems Engineering Center (SEC) Electro Optical Infared (EO/IR) Analysts. The SEC EO/IR Analysts will be involved in the review of EO/IR payload test data assessment, as well as performing a variety of performance simulations including sensor performance, thermal accuracy modeling to ensure the EO/IR payload meets performance requirements, and other simulations. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
Responsibilities include working with the Lead System Engineer and the design team to ensure the payload test data will meet the payload requirements. This includes incorporating lab test data into the modeling and simulation of various performance parameters of the sensor including: optical performance, SNR calculations, Ground Sampling Distance, thermal accuracy, and a variety of other estimates needed to properly sell off the EO/IR payload. The position will require sharing results with the other team members, senior mgmt., and external customers, thus good communication skills are required. The candidate will need to know how to decompose payload requirements to sensor requirements, and the trades associated with the requirements decomposition.
**This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $12,000**
- Current and Active TS Clearance Required
- 6 years prior relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in space systems engineering, analysis, and/or verification
- Modeling and Simulation experience in Matlab or other modeling tool
- Experience in the engineering design and/or test of optical and/or RF systems and associated special test equipment
- Experience in preparing and delivering briefings to management and customers
- Capable of effectively working in a team environment, often under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated desire to successfully pursue new challenges, improve and broaden technical skills, seek greater responsibilities, and increase individual value to the organization
- Familiar with space hardware
- Mission Engineering of space systems
- Experience in IV&V planning, test methodologies and test requirements development for space systems
- Experience in environmental test methods
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
- Masters degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.