Software Engineering Section Manager - Special Test Equipment (Space Hardware)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 181455BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/08/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineering Section Manager - Special Test Equipment (Space Hardware) to join the Space Test Automation team at our El Segundo, California campus to further help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets.
In this role you will be responsible for technical and functional leadership of a Software Engineering team for the design, development, assembly, Integration & Test (I&T), and validation of Special Test Equipment (STE) for Space hardware and remote sensing applications.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about leadership, diversity & inclusion, advances in technology, has a creative mindset, dedicated to catalyzing continuous improvements, and enjoys pro-active interaction and collaboration with multiple engineering teams and functional disciplines.
Security Clearance Requirement: An active and in-scope Secret or above level U.S. Security Clearance is required; U.S. citizenship is required due to U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Extensive technical and functional engineering leadership experience as an Integrated Product Team Lead responsible for program cost and schedule accountability
- Comprehensive understanding of Software fundamentals and applications
- Proposal and program development experience, including: Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS), Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Technical Description (TD), and Basis of Estimate (BOE) creation
- Extensive team leadership experience in an Engineering laboratory transitioning from design to production / manufacturing performing Special Test Equipment (STE) hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities through creating assembly procedures and test plans
- Experience with presenting program status and program cost and schedule accountability reviews throughout the engineering product lifecycle for executive leadership, functional management, and/or senior level internal / external stakeholders
- Experience programming in LabVIEW and/or LabVIEW FPGA
- Experience with creating and presenting formal review packages, such as Test Readiness Review (TRR), Failure Review Board (FRB), Material Review Board (MRB), and/or Consent to Ship Review (CTSR)
- Current Secret Security Clearance required (Top Secret, SSBI, and/or above level Security Clearance highly preferred)
- Extensive Defense Space Systems experience
- Demonstrated test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis experience
- Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices for Space Hardware
- In-depth understanding of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) computer architecture, interconnect/interfaces, and standard communication protocols
- Experience developing embedded software or firmware
- C++, Python, MATLAB, Test Stand and/or related programming language experience
- Proficient with standard industry tools like DOORS, ClearCase, ClearQuest and SubVersion
- Experience in generating Verification Compliance Requirements Matrices, Requirements Verification Plans, Test Requirements Documents, Test Procedures and Requirements Sell-off Documents
- Experience using software source control tools and/or automated build environments
- Experience with Agile Software Development methods
- Familiar with SEI CMMI standards and compliance
- Technical publications and/or patents
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program (Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and/or Software Engineering highly preferred) with 10+ years' of relevant experience - OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program (Master’s Degree Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, and/or Software Engineering highly preferred highly preferred) with 8+ years' of relevant experience
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.