Senior Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 180009BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/08/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is seeking top candidates to redefine the possible in the radio-frequency (RF) domain.
Come join the RI&S Advanced Concepts & Technology (ACT) team and help lead the way in the advanced RF technology domain by solving the most challenging problems facing our customers!
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Systems Engineer!
This role will support a variety of programs that are defining, creating, and fielding the next-generation RF technologies and capabilities that are needed by our national defense force in order to meet and surpass the threats of today and beyond.
This effort will require the selected candidate to:
• Collaborate closely within a multi-disciplinary team of systems, software, and hardware engineers
• Interface with technical and program team leads on a regular basis in a dynamic environment
• Routinely present technical findings and progress to the customer, collaborating organizations, and groups internal to RI&S
• Engage in a team culture of continuous learning and technological advancement
• Have a deep desire to positively impact and improve our technology for our customers
• Be motivated to produce high quality products to the best of their ability in order to maintain and advance RI&S’s status as a leader in the RF domain
The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
El Segundo, CA
• Experience developing mathematical algorithms or quantitative analysis techniques
• Experience with MATLAB, Python, C/C++, or related programming languages
• Knowledge of basic operations of radar or similar RF systems
• Mathematical background
• Desire to learn and take initiative in contributing on complex problems in a team-oriented environment
• Experience with advanced RF processing techniques such as adaptive filtering, space-time adaptive processing (STAP), synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
• Experience in advanced data fusion and target tracking techniques such as Kalman filtering, multi-hypothesis tracking
• Experience in data analysis and mathematical problem solving
• Background in Battle Management Command and Control (BMC2)
• Experience with development best practices/frameworks, e.g., Agile, DevSecOps
• Experience leading small technical teams or projects
• Experience developing analysis and real-time software in both Linux/Unix and Windows environments
• Experience in process automation, scripting
• Experience performing large-scale analysis and reduction on large data sets
5 years of relevant experience and a BS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM); or 3 years of relevant experience and a MS in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.