Senior Secure Systems Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 180940BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/13/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The Secure Systems Engineer (SSE) will assist with the development of technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of detailed analysis and investigation, ingenuity and creativity without appreciable direction. The SSE will interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. The SSE will be a motivated self-starter with an experience in Engineering (system, software, hardware and/or embedded), and demonstrated ability to exercise considerable latitude in choosing technical goals of assignment.
These activities include:
• Decomposing system requirements and facilitating the design of new systems
• Defining/refining test plans and procedures to include analyzing test data and performing/documenting root cause analysis
• Perform Data Analysis for returned or problem hardware
• Interfacing with Program Management, team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
• Providing task progress status updates and work products to the team lead
*** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A US SECURITY CLEARANCE AS OF DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT ***
• 5 years of experience in Systems or Software Engineering
• Demonstrated basic knowledge of secure systems design principles
• Demonstrated proficiency in critical thinking skills
• U.S. Citizen as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
• ACTIVE Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain additional program-level special clearances
• Experience with the software developmental life-cycle of real-time software
• Experience with COTS secure products
• Qualified Six Sigma Specialist
• ACTIVE Secret/TS
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree(s) preferred. A STEM (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent STEM major) degree is required.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.