Senior Production EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 185817BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/29/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
SENIOR PRODUCTION ENGINEER
Raytheon Intelligence and Space is seeking engineering leaders with experience in transitioning development programs into production with focus on manufacturing engineering.
This important new role will be responsible for the successful productionization of newand current designs at the various Manufacturing Centers of RIS. Distinct from, and complimentary to, existing Manufacturing Engineers, the Production Engineer will fill a gap in the strategic implementation of Transition to Production (TTP), Design for Manufacturing Assembly and Test (DFMAT) and Advanced product quality planning (APQP) concepts. Ideal candidate will have strong interdisciplinary background related to the successful production of A&D products and successful refinement of designs in production. Role will require significant contribution to RTX’s continued Digital engineering and "Fourth Industrial Revolution" (Industry 4.0) efforts.
Selected candidates will participate in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products, taking into consideration problems inherent in the transfer of technology from research to manufacturing. Such design and development may include new or revised processes. Will develop procedures for the economical mass production in cooperation with pilot-plant and production departments. Conducts tests and measurements throughout stages of production to determine control over applicable variables; and services, troubleshoots and solves production process problems with processes or equipment already in operation. Will also review field support requirements and recommend tools and test equipment. May make recommendations concerning acquisition and use of new technological equipment and materials.
Responsibilities include providing technical leadership, guidance and direct interfacing with test and factory organizations as well as working groups, contractors, and Raytheon Technologies personnel necessary to provide customers with validated production systems to meet the customer needs and acceptance criteria.
Job Related Activities:
- Integrated Product Team Leadership responsibilities for the overall technical execution of the manufacturing engineering and transition activities.
- Communication and interface to both internal and external customers.
- Obtaining alignment on acceptance criteria to internal and external customer sets, timely production of objective evidence and artifacts to support acceptance. Coordination of acceptance procedures, equipment needs, and documentation.
- Planning and coordination of manufacturing and transition design (to include travel as required to support factory transition activities).
- Lead design reviews, test/production readiness reviews, gate reviews, trade studies and other program/customer reviews as required to keep the team on track.
- Managing Resources (people, facilities, and equipment) efficiently to execute the team’s plan.
- Ensuring the consistent application of engineering best practice and all activities undertaken under your control are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's IPDS and/or Agile processes.
- Support the Product Area Chief Engineer in developing and managing the technical solution in support of business needs/requirements.
- Lead the management of subcontractor technical solutions and installations.
- Assist in the design, control, and improvement the manufacturing process through collaboration with a multi-disciplined team
- Improve cycle time and lead time
- Implement manufacturing process control and performance monitoring
- Initiate and oversee improvement projects
- Assist in translation of engineering design requirements into manufacturing processes
- Assist in hardware defect analysis
- Participate in corrective action investigations
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing engineering environment and/or test systems.
- Experience with multi-functional and cross-site teams
- Demonstrated strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the challenges of a long-term production program, be able to perform affordability and obsolescence trades and manage a large team
- Ability to present analytic results to executives in clear language about the implications of the results to the organization
- IPTL, CAM, or Program Management experience
- Agile Development Methodology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline (preferably Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Software Engineering) and 10 years of experience or an MS degree in related field and 8 years of experience.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.