Senior Principal Systems Engineer - Air to GroundBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178961BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The highly qualified candidate will possess career experience and demonstrate technical knowledge in radar algorithm/mode techniques associated with Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Sea Surface Search/Track (SSS/T), and/or Ground Moving Target Indication (GMTI). Other desirable skills include familiarity with complex radar capabilities, such as active electronically steered array (AESA) antennas, receiver/exciters (REXs), Electronic Protection (EP), radar digital signal processing electronics, pointing and stabilization measurement instruments, and control algorithms. Additionally, a robust System Engineering background with knowledge of radar architecture, requirements, modeling and simulation techniques, system analysis, and radar mode development is desired.
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in termination of employment.
- Development of mathematical algorithms for air-to-ground mode radar signal processing
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
- Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
- Technical mentorship of junior engineers
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, flight test requirements verification, and sustainment
- Interface with their team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a regular basis
- Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead
- Lead the analysis of radar performance against multiple requirements specifications (Systems Specification, Software Requirements Specification, Interface Control Document)
- Lead the analysis and resolution of critical program Problem Reports (PRs) and/or Software Change Requests (SCRs)
- Identify, analyze, and reconcile requirement differences across various F-15 programs
- Minimum of 10 years related experience developing mathematical algorithms or quantitative analysis techniques
- Relevant work experience in signal processing, sea surface search/track, synthetic aperture radar, or ground moving target indication radar
- Experience with MATLAB, C/C++, Python or related languages
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the U.S. Security Clearance as of day one.
- Demonstrated experience with Air-to-Air modes
- Demonstrated mathematical problem solving ability and data analysis experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication, presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Work experience with one of the following areas related to radar systems: search or track, surveillance, reconnaissance, electronic protection, ID, or adaptive techniques
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Strong desire to learn, take initiative and contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- An understanding of the physical limitations to implementing complex algorithms in real hardware
- Ability to obtain Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
- Required: BS with a major in Engineering, Physics, Math, or other related field
- Desired: MS or PhD in Engineering, Physics, Math, or other related field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.178961
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.