Senior Principal Space Parts ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168439BR Date posted 09/15/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Parts Managers, in the Component Engineering Department (CED), are responsible for developing and executing Programs' Parts Management, parts procurement strategies and Obsolescence Management plans in accordance with company command media, Program Directives and the customer Statement of Work (SOW). Perform verification and validation of program parts lists to ensure compliance with part selection, standardization, documentation, and qualification requirements. Manage the preparation and release of component specifications, and alternate parts drawings Conduct component obsolescence risk assessments and develop responses and mitigation strategies to resolve parts issues including obsolescence and GIDEP alert impacts.
Parts Managers are required to have strong working relations with other functional staff within the Program project to impact effective management of the part life cycle on the program. Other staff they will need to engage will include Design and Chief Engineering, Integrated Product Team Leads, System Engineering, Program and Supplier Quality, Source Inspection Engineering, Material Parts Managers, Supply Chain, and Program Management.
Parts Managers may be called upon to resolve Supplier issues during the start, middle, and end of the procurement cycle (by Supply Chain) and must have the ability to assess issues, and provide clear direction to resolve them by bringing in the necessary resources.
Support contract deliverables (SDRLs), program performance reviews (PPR), program management reviews (PMR), and pre-ship reviews (PSR.) Work with other engineering functions on technology roadmaps, trade studies, and participation in design reviews (PDR, CDR). Lead counterfeit parts mitigation and resolution of unprocurable parts issues. Provide coordination with other programs for common part issues (PMPCB and DMSRB).
As a member of the Parts, Materials & Process Control Board (PMPCB), ensures that all as-designed Bill-of-Material released into Product Data Management (PDM) system are on the Approved Parts, Materials, and Process List (APMPL). Provide proposal support, basis of estimates (BOEs), cost estimates and support the Cost Account Manager (CAM) in the management of earned value for all CED work products. Ensures PMP requirements are properly executed by suppliers and subcontractors. Point of Contact (POC) for customer PM&P representatives, and member of Change Control Board, Failure Review Board, Material Review Board, etc.
- 10+ years minimum of experience in engineering, manufacturing or product support.
- BS and 10 years, MS and 8 years, PhD and 6 years
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and schedule risks and to identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Working knowledge of components, component failure modes, MIL specs and MIL Standards, project management and parts management.
- Demonstrated familiarity with parts, suppliers, and all aspects of parts obsolescence.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) and have proficient computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and to handle multiple concurrent projects.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DOD Security Clearance day one of employment, and the ability to obtain a top secret clearance/SCI, or SSBI within one year of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Six Sigma certified
- SAP Material Resource Planning System Knowledge
- Component Engineering
- Experience with counterfeit part mitigation, including working with Non-franchise distributors
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Discipline.
BS and 10 years, MS and 8 years, PhD and 6 years
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.