Principal Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 156741BR Date posted 02/06/2020 City MD State El Segundo Country CA
Secure Information Systems (SIS) produces the highest security encryption products to protect classified data and computing resources from cybersecurity attacks. With more than 100 certified products from intel community agency, SIS solutions protect warfighter communication over land, sea, air and space. Team is looking to bring onboard a Principal Software Engineer.
Responsibilities of Principal Software Engineer include:
- Architecture, design, development, integration, and testing of embedded software for a network security appliances, including device management software, communication protocols, device drivers, and control plane security features.
- Work closely with a team software engineers to ensure implementation meets the product requirements.
- Socialize designs with team and integrates suggestions and changes as appropriate. Unit test software components to ensure module-level functionality and data structure consistency.
- Participate in design and implementation/code reviews of other team members.
- Work with implementation teams to derive and document appropriate designs for the problem space.
- Provide documentation as appropriate including design documentation, inputs for external specifications; system requirements specifications and end user documentation.
- Independently manage time and prioritizes tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints.
- Resolve issues found during engineering test in a timely manner, taking risk into account. Consistent use of group tools for tracking of defects and management of code. Implement code in a timely fashion
- Min 8 years software development experience.
- Experienced with providing technical and project leadership to a team of engineers.
- Understanding of network security protocols and algorithms (e.g. TLS, SSL, encryption, OpenSSL, X.509 Certificates, etc.)
- Proven experience in large complex software/hardware developments, many years of embedded development
- Sound working knowledge of memory management, pthreads, inter-process communication, IPC and synchronization methods, strong software and hardware debugging skills (e.g. GDB,KGDB, JTAG probes) is expected
- Expert in C and C++
- Several years of experience using embedded Linux (kernel and user levels) or like RTOS
- Understands networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, and ICMP
- Excellent organizational, decision making and communication skills
- Prior experience in the technological spaces the work requires
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active DOD Secret Clearance and be able to obtain Top Secret Clearance
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other Engineering discipline
- Morrisville, NC / Annapolis Junction, MD / El Segundo, CA
- Experience with Key Management Infrastructure (KMI-3300) and Over-The-Network-Keying (OTNK)
- Control plane implementation for Ethernet based Network Appliances
- Control plane processor experience
- CLI, SNMP, MIBs experience for device management
- Experience with creating software development cost and schedule sizing’s for new product and feature development
- Experience working with IMS (Integrated Master Schedule)
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile/Scrum, Continuous Integration Environments
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Software or Systems Engineering Integration expertise
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Why work with SIS?
As part of Raytheon Intelligence & Space, we offer robust reward and recognition programs in compensation, career development, health care, educational assistance, maternal and paternal leave, flexible work schedules, child/adult backup care, 401(k), paid holidays and paid time off.
In addition, this position is eligible for relocation assistance.
You will work with professionals around the country who thrive in a culture that celebrates the contributions of its employees. You will continue your career in a challenging and collaborative workplace, joining a team with a tradition of achievement through thought and teamwork.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.