Senior Principal IT ArchitectBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 187466BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/14/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The Senior Principal IT Architect works closely with Business Partner Teams, Business Development, Program Leadership, and IT SMEs across the business to understand and communicate the needs of the customer. With a focus on strategy, they engage in growth efforts, identifying IT requirements, defining the IT approach for meeting the requirements and coordinating the overall IT architecture response. Execution of these responsibilities will require the ability to effectively synthesize technical strategy, standards, processes, and technology to achieve the objectives of each engagement. The successful candidate will join an integrated team in applying architecture methods and emerging technology for integrated, resilient IT solutions. They will have both the communication skills and technical knowledge to be confident when engaging with business partner and proposal teams to ensure IT is an active partner in delivering innovative solutions and designs.
Ability to operate at this level requires strong communication skills, extensive industry and technical experience as well as an ability to leverage a broad network of technologists within and outside of the Raytheon Technologies Community.
Candidate must be able to develop creative, robust and secure IT solutions both domestically and internationally. A holistic view of the potential deliverable system is critical to developing an affordable offering to the end customer. Candidate must understand the business and import/export environment and globally represent Raytheon Technologies as a technical leader.
Examples of typical activities may include:
- Develop and coordinate IT technology strategies, roadmaps and reference architectures
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical solutions
- Support proposal teams and technical review teams
- Identify concepts and projects that cover gaps in technology roadmaps, which attempt to bring innovative technology into the fold, bringing cost reduction to core technologies
- Develop architectures and solutions for engagements and be proficient in conveying these architectures to both internal stakeholders and to end customers
- Forms effective business relationships; fosters an open culture of collaboration and innovation within the architecture team and with other functions
- Be a key contributor on teams working with Raytheon domestic and international customers
- Work as an emissary from IT to proposal teams leveraging broad technical skills to define areas where IT can provide leadership in system design
- Perform technology evaluations, develop proof-of-concepts, and look for opportunities to introduce advanced Information Technologies into solutions and products to create business value
- Develop and drive common processes and tools across the Architect function
- 10+ years of applicable experience providing technical solutions for large complex IT systems, demonstrating a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness
- At least 10 years of experience in network engineering strategy, architecture, and design as applied to segregated network solutions
- Experience in engaging customers to develop systems designs, including architecture, ConOps, and deployment options for both classified and unclassified processing and communications systems
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences using verbal, written and graphical means in proposal efforts and product strategies
- Experience with business capture activities including proposal development
- Demonstrated expertise in complete systems design in infrastructure technologies including server operating systems, server hardware, compute, storage, networks, virtualization, VoIP, video, encryption and security
- Working knowledge of big data, predictive analytics, cloud computing and other industry trends that can be applied to our business products and services
- Candidate must have the ability to clearly articulate ideas, process steps, and technical data in written, graphical, and spoken dialogue
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with others collaboratively and constructively
- Candidate must be both an innovative and strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills
- US Citizen
- Minimum of Secret clearance or ability to obtain Secret clearance.
- Proven track record of developing concepts and products that extends knowledge in a given field or pursuit
- Raytheon Certified Architect, TOGAF and CISSP certifications
- Familiarity with Government security controls including NISPOM, JAFAN, ICD 503 and the RMF
- Typically, Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, and 10 years experience or 18 years relevant experience in lieu of Degree
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.