Senior Principal Circuit Design EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SSBI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 166173BR Date posted 08/08/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The person hired for this position will interface with the program stakeholders and will work alongside a talented team towards the development of new state-of-the-art systems for space applications to meet our customer’s descriptions and requirements.
Duties may include conceptual and architectural development, requirement decomposition & generation, technical risk assessment, engaging and improving engineering design processes, technology planning and roadmap alignment.
Design activities for this position include detailed circuit design and verification that may include FPGAs, power supplies, high-speed I/O, ADCs/DACs, and other analog and digital circuitry. Design tasks include analog and digital design, circuit simulation and analysis, design documentation, design verification and testing, and the integration of hardware, firmware, and software at the level of the circuit card assembly and subsystems. The ideal candidate will preferably have experience across design activities from concept to delivery.
This position requires the individual to lead, mentor, and provide guidance to multi-disciplined design teams and will be identified as the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) in the development of one or more complex modules. Must have a minimum of 10 years of related work experience.
- Electrical Engineer with 10 plus years of experience with an emphasis on mixed signal electronic unit architecture and design.
- Experience with industry standard electrical engineering CAE (computer-aided-engineering) tools from vendors such as Mentor Graphics.
- Experience with signal integrity, power integrity and estimation, simulation, and worst case analysis for mixed signal systems.
- Experience with standard laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes
- Position will require an active SSBI and/or TS/SCI clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Project and small team leadership skills.
- Full-cycle design experience.
- Familiarity with high-speed ADC and DAC interfacing.
- Experience with analog conditioning circuit design.
- Familiarity with design for high speed interfaces and SOC bus architectures.
- Familiarity with radiation effect mitigation and architectures for mixed signal systems.
- Familiarity with space system applications and design requirements.
- Ability to navigate complex and sometimes incomplete requirements.
- Software and scripting skills.
- MSEE or graduate degree in STEM a plus.
Required Education (Including major):
- Must have Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited university with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or other related STEM field.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 166173
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.