Senior Engineering Lead Digital Hardware ArchitectBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SSBI - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167914BR Date posted 09/19/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Additional roles include interface to customer and program office, leading proposals for new business, development of technology roadmaps, mentoring, and deployment / improvement of design processes.
The candidate is responsible for developing unit and module level requirements derived from system level requirements, developing associated architectures, implementing design, performing analysis and testing of the FPGA, module, and/or unit in a laboratory setting. He/she will be familiar with latest technology trends in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA, ASIC and interface protocols. The candidate will work in the product development team environment with system, mechanical, and software engineers. This position may require occasional business related travel.
The Sr. Manager will contribute to the design, analysis, simulation, test, and integration of digital electronic modules and/or CCAs for Space applications. The Senior Electrical Engineer must be experienced in all aspects of digital design from concept through delivery to higher level assemblies as evidenced by multiple successful design completions (including hardware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as Serial Rapid IO, Spacewire, PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART). This position will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects. This person will be the Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) for architecture and development of digital subsystems or more complex modules and units and will be expected to apply rigorous and systematic design processes to ensure total design compliance. This position will interface with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and stake holders to ensure program objectives are achieved.
·Minimum 15 years of experience in digital hardware design and architecture or 12 years with a related Master’s degree
• Experience with embedded system architecture, FPGAs, high-speed transceivers, DDR and flash memories
• Experience developing design requirements and specifications for microprocessor based circuit card assemblies
• Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: Serial Rapid IO, Spacewire, VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet
• Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
• Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Active SSBI/TS/SCI or equivalent
- Embedded Systems
- Software Defined Radios
- Communications systems
- Team and project leadership skills
- Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management
- Experience in designing for Space Environment
· M.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar equivalent discipline
· Majors: Engineering - EE or similar technical degree preferred
Desired Education: PhD preferred
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.