Senior Contracts Negotiator (Principal Specialist, Contracts)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 186314BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/01/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
This person will act as the primary interface with customers during the proposal phase and must be prepared to negotiate sound business deals with our customers as well as provide governance to the program team in carrying out the terms of the contract. In this role, this person will use their skills as a collaborative independent thinker in working with the program leads in formulating and executing business strategies to reduce risk, enhance customer satisfaction and support the generation of additional or new business opportunities. Other duties will include identifying risks and managing the administration of contracts post-award. Selected candidate will report to the Manager, Program Contracts –– Airborne Early Warning Systems (AEWS). Part time telecommuting option is available.
- Minimum 5 years in a contracts or related field.
- Knowledge of government contracting including FAR and DFARs
- Mature judgment, proactive involvement in strategic issues and problem resolution skills are required.
- Excellent knowledge of contractual terms and conditions must have problem solving and people skills and the ability to assist Program Managers in achieving their financial and performance goals and objectives.
- Able to work within a team and foster teamwork and trust from both external and internal customers
- Experience with and in-depth knowledge of various contract types and change management
- Professional presence complemented by outstanding written and verbal communication skills and influencing skills
- Team Player with excellent interpersonal skills working effectively within team environment and customers to drive results
- Demonstrated business acumen with the ability to clearly recognize risk elements in business transactions with respect to cost management, earned value, funding management, reporting, etc.
- Experience multi-tasking while meeting customer deadlines
- Experience researching compliance issues, applicable regulations and laws, and formulating recommendations to management
- Experience negotiating contract terms, conditions and change management
- Experience with various contract types (CP, FFP, T&M, IDIQ)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Current US Secret Clearance
- Understanding and experience with FMS contracts including EXIM requirements and ITAR
- NCMA certification (CPCM or CFCM)
- Working knowledge in the use and application of APEX, ICMS and SAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Law or related field
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Contracts, Supply Chain, Law or a related field.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.186314
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.