Program Area Chief EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SSBI - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 182553BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/05/2021 City El Segundo Country CA
- Hire, manage, mentor, and support Program Chief Engineers, assigning them to programs based on program need and PCE capability/experience. Assist PCEs to ensure programs are staffed with proper engineering personnel/skillsets to successfully execute programs within cost and schedule requirements.
- Accountable for achieving Program Area engineering cost, schedule, and technical commitments.
- Review and approve program technical baselines, ensuring they are appropriate to the program phase. Ensure that PCEs and Engineering personnel are following approved processes & procedures.
- Review and approve engineering execution risk mitigations and opportunity capture plans, ensuring they are appropriate to the work being performed and current state of the programs.
- Accountable for review of, and approval authority for, Program EACs, Gates and Engineering Bid Reviews, per the approved S&C2 Delegation of Authority (DOA), or as otherwise directed by the S&C2 Chief Engineer or VP of Engineering.
- Support front end of the business activities, to include working with customers to understand their needs, helping to shape future work, and developing strong positive relationships with the customer community to make Raytheon Technologies the preferred supplier.
- Support technology roadmap development and maintenance, drive product & technology development, and prioritize company investment, in alignment with the Program Area strategy.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience
- Experience in Aerospace or Government Defense Organizations
- Experience with execution, process integration, Six Sigma, Quality or related process improvement methodologies
- Experienced mentor giving guidance, direction and holding individuals accountable for deliverables in their domain area
- Experience in execution and management through the use of performance metrics
- Solid business acumen inclusive of a sound understanding of the Program Area customer community and their needs.
- Broad experience working front end of the business activities, leading engineering development efforts, and managing progressively larger and more complex engineering efforts.
- Minimum Active SSBI
Bachelor's of Science (B.S.) in science, math, physics or related technical field.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.