Principal Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DoD - SCI Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 169014BR Date posted 09/24/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
We have an immediate need for a Principal Systems Engineer (RF Engineer) in El Segundo, CA. This position is responsible for technical development of requirements, architecture, design, integration and analysis of complex RF subsystems, Low Power Chamber, High Power Near-field Chamber, and Far Field Chamber for Antenna/Radar Test Systems. Candidate will function in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects. The position will be responsible for reviewing designs across multiple programs. Responsibilities will also include development of technical solutions for proposals for future programs and/or R&D efforts to accomplish long-range goals.
The effective candidate will grow to be a subject matter expert in RF test system applications from subsystem architecture down to circuit card design and RF component performance who will leverage their expertise to push Raytheon test systems technology forward.
Duties include Team Leadership, architecture and design of RF subsystems, participation as a subject matter expert in design reviews across multiple programs as well as participation in proposal efforts, technical leadership and oversight of electronic design teams, implementation of Raytheon product development processes and technical risk assessments, deployment and improvement of design processes, technology planning and roadmap alignment, and mentoring.
- Minimum of 8+ years of engineering experience including systems engineering and test architecture.
- Experience with architecture of RF subsystems.
- Experience with CCA test, boundary scan tools and test equipment.
- Experience with developing test plans and procedures, verify performance through analysis and bread boarding.
- Experience designing RF systems for Test System applications.
- Integration, verification, and validation experience on aerospace and defense programs.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance after one year of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Product design, analysis, and test of RF Modules and Units for Antenna Test system applications
- Capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at a time
- Experience leading investigation activities to identify and resolve STE and testing performance issues.
- Demonstrated excellent team and project leadership skills, capability of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple projects, and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Existing Security clearance
Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering. RF, Science, Math, Physics, or related technical disciplines.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.