Principal Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 164230BR Date posted 06/30/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies invites you to consider joining us in developing the next generation of space-based systems. The Space Systems Engineering organization within the Systems Engineering Center (SEC) is currently seeking a Principal Control Systems Engineer with hardware hands-on experience and Line Of Sight (LOS) and Servo Control problem solving capabilities. The systems engineer will lead a design team building electro-optical systems including imagers, passive/active EO tracking, LIDAR, and directed energy systems. The systems engineer will be responsible for performing trade studies, design, performance analysis, modeling, integration, and test of control systems in the support of the development and build of advanced electro-optical systems. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with very strong problem solving skills and also have demonstrated capability in design, integration and test of complex engineering systems.
Primary tasks will be:
- Development of mathematical algorithms for LOS control systems, navigation, command generation, and attitude determination
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
- Advanced sensor alignment and calibration
- Servo control system integration and test
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
The systems engineer needs to have a strong background with controls and navigation systems.
- 8+ years of engineering experience with at least 4 years working on design, build or testing of EO systems or EO platforms
- Knowledge in servo control and navigation systems or related experience
- Knowledge of and experience with HW integration for electro-optical systems
- Prior leadership experience managing systems engineering tasks or multi-disciplined teams
- Experience with analytics, Matlab/Simulink and C/C++ programming
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance as of Day 1 of employment.
- Ability to access to US only data systems
- Experience with design of real-time data processing systems including real-time control and measurement systems
- Demonstrated experience with estimation theory and numerical methods and some practical experience with estimation and numerical methods
- Experience in space vehicle guidance, navigation, and control or attitude determination
- EO/IR or Laser domain knowledge
- Technical experience in opto-mechanical engineering, control systems, embedded computing, or electronics
- Experience in numerical modeling and simulation, and performing analysis using MATLAB, C++, Python, or similar language
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink auto-code generation
- Knowledge and experience with LabVIEW, dSpace, or FPGA programming
- Current/Active TS/SCI or SSBI Clearance
Bachelor's Degree in ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics or related STEM field; advanced degree(s) preferred
Master’s Degree or PhD in ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics or related STEM field
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.