Principal Secure Systems Engineer (Risk Management Framework/Embedded Systems)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 180316BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/07/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The Principal Secure Systems Engineer (SSE) will assist with the development of technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of detailed analysis and investigation, ingenuity and creativity without appreciable direction. The SSE will interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. The SSE will be a motivated self-starter with an experience in Engineering (system, software, hardware and/or embedded), and demonstrated ability to exercise considerable latitude in choosing technical goals of assignment.
These activities include:
• Applying Systems Engineering disciplines (CONOPS, Architecture, Requirements and Verification/Validation) to the Program Protection pillars
• Decomposing system requirements and facilitating the design of new systems
• Defining/refining test plans and procedures to include analyzing test data and performing/documenting root cause analysis
• Interfacing with Program Management, team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
• Providing task progress status updates and work products to the team lead
*** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A US SECURITY CLEARANCE AS OF DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT ***
• Minimum of 8+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Systems Engineering, Requirements, Anti-Tamper, Cybersecurity or Software/Hardware Assurance.
• Experience in NIST 800-53 Risk Management Framework (RMF) application to embedded systems
• Develop top-level system requirements, flow down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
• Experience interfacing with senior program and functional management
• Demonstrated basic knowledge of secure systems design principles
• Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills
• Ability to represent security department and engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, software and logistics engineers
• U.S. Citizen as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
• An ACTIVE DoD Secret Security Clearance is required on Day 1 of employment.
• At least one Industry recognized Cybersecurity Certification, compliant with DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level II and above (Ex. Security +, CISSP, SSCP, etc)
• Demonstrated, working knowledge of RMF applied to Space Vehicles and/or Payload & Spacecraft
• Familiarity with Space Vehicle System and/or Subsystem design (i.e. FPGA/ASICs)
• Experience with the software developmental life-cycle of real-time operating systems
• Familiarity with cryptography and cryptographic applications
• Experience with COTS secure products
• Qualified Six Sigma Specialist
• ACTIVE TS/SCI security clearance
• Existing SAP/SAR Clearance
A Bachelor's degree is required. Advanced degrees are preferred. A STEM degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or equivalent STEM major) is required.180316
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.