Principal Multi-Discipline Engineer - Circuit Card Design / FPGA Firmware DesignBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 179808BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/17/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
In this role you will be responsible for the design, development, Integration & Test (I&T), and validation of Electrical Special Test Equipment (E-STE) for Radar and GPS navigation systems. You will also be responsible for designing and developing circuit card assemblies, including the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) level architecture. In addition, you will be implementing FPGA into circuit design, performing simulations and analysis, and testing the FPGA in a laboratory setting and integrating with flight hardware.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about advances in technology, has an innovative mindset, dedicated to catalyzing continuous improvements, and enjoys proactive interaction and collaboration with multiple engineering teams and functional disciplines.
Security Clearance Requirement: The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Secret Security Clearance is required. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
- Experience working with schematic capture tools, such as Mentor xDX Designer
- Experience testing and integrating circuit card designs and FPGA firmware designs
- Experience with FPGA firmware development using the Xilinx ISE, EDK, SDK, VHDL or Vivado development environments
- Working knowledge of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Test Equipment; such as Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, DMMs, etc.
- Experience in creating and presenting hardware design, manufacturing, integration and test engineering presentations and summary explanations for senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Fundamental understanding of RF circuits, components, and test equipment
- Embedded software development experience (C and/or C++ experience highly preferred)
- Mentor Graphics ModelSim experience
- Experience with Digital and RF subsystem design, simulation, fabrication, and measurement
- Current Secret, Top Secret, and/or above level Security Clearance highly preferred)
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program (Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering highly preferred) with 8+ years’ of relevant experience required, OR
- Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related STEM Degree Program (Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineer highly preferred) with 6+ years’ of relevant experience required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.