Principal Engineer, Systems EngineeringBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 183164BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/08/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Come join the Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) Advanced Concepts & Technology (ACT) team and help lead the way in the Advanced RF (ARF) Technology domain by solving the most challenging problems facing our customers!
We are seeking a highly skilled Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering!
This role will support a variety of programs that are defining, creating, and fielding the next-generation RF technologies and capabilities that are needed by our national defense force in order to meet and surpass the threats of today and beyond.
The selected candidate should possess career experience in technology development and demonstrate technical knowledge in radar algorithm/mode techniques and radar system architecture. The position will contribute to program technical goals through sensor analysis, algorithm development, and technology development activities. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
An active and in-scope Secret U.S. security clearance
El Segundo, CA
• Experience with radar systems architecture, radar modes, and radar systems requirements
• Experience with one of the following areas related to radar systems:
- search or track
- electronic protection, ID, or adaptive techniques
• Knowledge of airborne radar systems and their principals of design, development, requirements, I&T, Operation, and Flight Test
• Experienced with engineering analysis tools (e.g., MATLAB, Python)
• Experience with OSA (open systems architecture)
• Experience with advanced RF processing techniques such as adaptive filtering, space-time adaptive processing (STAP), synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
• Experience in data analysis and mathematical problem solving
• Experience moving from initial concept to architecture then design
• Technical leadership and mentoring skills
• Experience leading small technical teams or projects
• Experience with development best practices/frameworks, e.g., Agile, DevSecOps
• Strong desire to learn, take initiative and contribute in a team-oriented environment
• Experience with model based system engineering principles and tools (Magic Draw, Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, and the like)
• Experience in writing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
• Experience generating requirements and requirement documents, performing requirements analysis
8 years of relevant experience with a BS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred); or 6 years of relevant experience with a MS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.