PMX Product Line Lead (Associate Director, Program Management)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 184192BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/19/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The PMX Product Line Lead (PLL) is responsible for collaborating with Product Line Program Leaders to ensure excellent program implementation and drive business performance. The PMX PLL is the focal point for PMX support for all ACT programs. The key goal for the PMX PLL is to improve program execution and leadership by enhancing processes/systems, developing PM talent and meeting customer/Product Line objectives.
The PMX PLL is responsible for all aspects of Program Independent Assessments, to include planning, organizing, leading, execution and follow through to completion. This includes participating in proposal color teams, Execution Readiness Assessments (ERAs), program startup ProStart process and chairing the Gate 5 Independent Review. It also includes deep dive assessments of programs in execution (Gates 6-10) and chairing of the Gate 11 Independent Review at program closeout. The PLL drives usage of Raytheon PM Best Practices across the Product Line. The PLL is the SME and Point of contact to the Product Line for best practices and techniques. This responsibility leverages the PLL’s experience in PM, earned value management (EVM), Integrated Product Development System (IPDS), program planning and scheduling, risk and opportunity management, program metrics and other key program related tools/techniques. The PLL will also be expected to lead high priority initiatives to address strategic and challenging program execution issues as required. The PLL develops and maintains a SME network from all functional disciplines to assist with a variety of program execution issues such as supplier performance, engineering challenges, and production problems.
In addition to direct support to the ACT Product Line PLs, the PLL assists the Product Line VP and Product Area Directors on various improvement initiatives. The PLL also participates in RI&S PMX strategic initiatives to improve overall PL execution.
This position can be based out of El Segundo, CA or McKinney, TX.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 12 years of professional leadership experience in Program Management, Engineering, Finance or Operations.
- Raytheon Program Manager Level 3 Certification
- Performed role of Program Leader on one or more programs facilitating organic growth
- Fluent in PM Best Practices, IPDS, Earned Value Management, Program Cadence (internal PPRs, PMRs, EACs), Gate Reviews, IMP/IMS management, Risk and Opportunity Management, Program Staffing, and Managing by Metrics
- Capable of analyzing program performance quickly, identifying root cause of issues, recommending proper corrective actions, and using rigorous follow-up to ensure proper results were achieved
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Capable of using PMX Tool Suite including Next Gen Workstation and able to facilitate training of PLs in these tools
- Participated in IPDS Independent Gate Reviews, including Gate 5 and Gate 11
- Travel is required to various Raytheon sites and suppliers
- Experience mentoring/training personnel
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret, TS/SCI and Special Access
- DoD Top Secret Clearance/SCI
- Experience with both development and production programs
- 5+ years of experience in various Business functions (e.g. Operations, R&D, Supply Chain Management, etc.)
- MBA or Advanced Technical Degree
- Raytheon Program Manager Level 2 Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.