Payload Chief EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DoD - SCI Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167622BR Date posted 09/01/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Responsibilities of the Payload Chief Engineer include:
• Provide technical leadership and coordination on space payload development in both RF and EO domains.
• Develop and implement the technical vision and strategies of the payload development.
• Develop and implement payload integration activities.
• Lead payload readiness and design reviews.
• Coordinate closely with the Program Manager and Mission Chief Engineer regarding budget and schedule.
• Provide engineering program execution and technical leadership, including on proposal development.
• Provide engineering inputs to gates and independent reviews.
• Establish and maintain the payload technical baseline, ensuring the product meets contractual needs, and establish technical baseline artifacts.
• Provide technical support in developing and maintaining the analysis to predict and verify overall payload performance.
• Provide engineering authority to all decisions impacting payload product integrity, performance, and functionality.
• Coordinate, write, and deliver technical presentations to both internal and external customers.
• Mentor more junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) plus a minimum of 10 years prior relevant experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain up to a TS/SCI clearance
- Systems Engineering: Requirements Analysis, Derivation, Validation, and Verification
- Systems Engineering: Internal and External Interface negotiation and management
- Familiarity with Earned Value Analysis
- Experience with Optical Payload Design
Highly Desired Skills/Experience:
- Current Active and In-Scope Security Clearance
- Advanced degree in a Science or Engineering Discipline
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical issues and impacts to a non-technical audience through both verbal and written communications
- Experience with leading interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with managing COTS vendors
- Experience in the full life cycle development of an EO Payload
- Experience with EO payload AI&T Operations
- Experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM)
- Risk and Opportunity Management
- Demonstrated Proactive and Collaborative approach to identifying, preventing, mitigating, and solving issues and anomalies
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a Program Office with Regular and Meaningful Customer Interaction
- Experience with Bid and Proposal Work
This position requiresa U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 167622
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.