Multi Discipline Systems Administrator: Engineering ApplicationsBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type TS/SCI - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 178250BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/28/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The duties of this job include but are not limited to:
- Engage and consult with engineers on the implementation of engineering software solutions; assist programs in the use of and adoption of solutions and emerging technologies
- Deploy engineering applications. This includes the software installations, configurations, integrations and user acceptance of the applications
- Provide general user support for engineering tools
- Set and manage customer expectations while ensuring priorities are optimally met
- Manage installations and upgrades for engineering tools
- Function as part of the virtual Program Solutions and Services Operations support team
- Ability to multi-task, to support multiple customers, and to work within specific schedule and cost constraints
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical degree and5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of the software development process
- Working knowledge (including day to day use on a program) of common Engineering Tools.
- Familiarity with Windows, Unix and Linux environments
- Experience with using common software installation mechanisms for Windows and Linux.
- Ability to troubleshoot / solve complex problems
- Ability to learn new skills and knowledge in a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication, presentation, and people skills with ability to interface with senior engineering leaders and program management personnel.
- Strong teamwork skills – The ability to interact productively with end users, analysts, other Raytheon personnel, and customers in a diverse team setting
- Lead continuous improvement activities associated with reducing service delivery costs and schedule and improving customer experience
- Build relationships with IT leadership and the programs to enable timely issue escalation and resolution
- Ability to work and collaborate in virtual environment where team members are not co-located.
- Self-motivated and able to function with minimal oversight
- Existing Top Secret DoD security clearance
- 5 years program work experience in roles of increasing technical leadership and responsibility
- 5 years engineer tool support experience
- Understanding and implementation experience with AGILE software principles and/or SAFE
- Customer engagement/relationship management experience or prior consulting experience.
- Strong computer skills and/or programming experience in one or more languages, including scripting languages.
- Familiarity with working in Closed Area Secret and Top Secret DoD environments.
- Experience generating documentation/tooling aids and instructing others
- Experience with cloud based solutions such as AWS
- Experience using containers, and strong automation skills such as the automation of applications packaging, test automation, automation of operations
- CompTia Security + certification
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.