The Secure Sensor SolutionsResilient Navigation (R-Nav) Department is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Section Manager.
This Front-Line Leader (FLL) position is responsible for leading a highly motivated group of 7-10 Mechanical Engineers working on a variety of development and sustainment tasks for Global Positioning System (GPS) products in the R-Nav program area. The primary role is functional ownership, technical direction and program guidance on critical programs for R-Nav sub-systems. The FLL must be proficient in the mechanical design and development of statea-of-the-art receiver products with hands on design experience. The FLL is responsible for all managerial aspects of the section including: Providing adequate staffing/skill-sets for programs and proposals, staff performance and career development & training, support to tool/process development & deployment, administration of performance appraisals, merit increases and providing open and honest feedback to section personnel.
The FLL shall be a highly motivated “self-starter” able to lead by example, possessing deep interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and maintain positive relationships & satisfaction with Programs key team members (Engineering and Program Management). The FLL will be responsible and accountable for the work products produced within the section and ensure the team demonstrates the same accountability.
Responsibility for the Quality, Timeliness, Completeness and Efficiency (QTCE) of these work products and monitoring/improving QTCE through metrics and process improvements is also required. As such, the FLL will be directlyengaged on Programs at various levels according to the participation level and experience of their direct reports.
- Minimum 8 years’ professional industry experience
- Hands on experience with mechanical design, development, documentation, fabrication, assembly and test/delivery of military electronic products
- Broad based hardware engineering background
- Excellentinterpersonal and organization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with program cost and schedule monitoring and reporting
- Experience developing proposals including development of technical solutions and writing portions of both technical and cost volumes
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- Ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- 5 + years’ experience in Task Management or other Lead role on Large Development jobs
- Experience as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) or Cross Product Team (CPT) Lead
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Certified and professional exposure to EVMS or similar budget tracking system
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
- Domain knowledge of GPS Antenna and/or Receiver Hardware Mechanical Design • Possess an active security clearance
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Desired Education (including Major):
- Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.