Engineering Section Manager - Advanced Electro-Optical (EO) SensorsBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168226BR Date posted 09/10/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
is growing! RIS is the provider of Radar Systems which provide the war fighter with the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. Our Systems Engineering Center (SEC) is seeking committed engineering leaders who are passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for the war fighter.
We have an immediate opportunity for a This position requires an individual to have broad domain knowledge in System Engineering principles including requirement development, electro-optic performance analysis and fundamental program management skills.
The SM performs direct line management activities for 10 – 20 engineers, including direct hiring, training coordination, performance management, career development, optimizing resource utilization and resource management; ensures communications with all stakeholders; serves as a day-to-day liaison to the program concerning employee job assignments, performance, and recognition. The SM will team with the Department Manager in the execution of the Center and RIS Engineering goals, will actively participate in Department and Center level meetings; will contribute both to the technical and cost proposals for advanced electro-optical sensing systems; serve as IPTL on EO programs with broad oversight and review in the opto-mechanical engineering and packaging of passive and active sensing systems. This position will also provide support of new business development, including development of system conceptual designs, and generation of white papers; as well as provide technical review and guidance of the technical content of all work products generated by this team.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in systems engineering related to electro-optical sensors for airborne or space based payloads, including a minimum 5 years of experience with infrared imaging technologies and/or laser imaging technologies; requires a strong leadership and design background.
- Experience with DOORs, SysML, Matlab, MathCAD, ModelSim, or other computer aided engineering tools.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong judgment and decision making abilities.
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills.
- Able to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 2 years) DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Domain knowledge in active, passive EO/IR Sensors including LADAR, Lidar, High Energy Lasers, Hyperspectral, polarimetric and other similar remote sensing instruments.
- Strong track record of performing tasks independently and within schedule and budget- Experience leading multi-discipline teams.
- Technical publications or patents in the areas listed above
- Experience performing functional management activities including staffing, conducting performance reviews and career discussions, participating in compensation discussions, and flowing communications/information from higher levels down to section members.
- Bachelor's of Science degree (B.S.) in a related STEM discipline (Math, Science or Engineering)
- Masters degree in Systems Engineering
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.