Engineering Program Work Envirnoment LeadBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 183806BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/19/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
This is a role in the Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RIS) Digital Technology (DT) Program Solutions & Services (PS&S)organizationas part of the Engineering Solutions team. The team supports a variety of Engineering Tools (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, and Software) used in Unclassified and Classified Environments. This position will be working primarily remotely. This person will be a key team member helping the organization deliver service excellence around the following activities: interfacing with program personnel and programs’ engineering and DT teams; coordinating resources to provide appropriate tool related services; helping users on programs effectively use tools; troubleshooting tool related problems; and tailoring tools to specific program needs. The ideal candidate has a passion for automation and learning new engineering tools and technologies.
The duties of this job include but are not limited to:
- Manage the planning, acquisition and deployment of the Engineering Software Applications, this task includes startup planning, vetting requirements as part of contract award, ensuring solution aligns with requirements, managing the various IT Engineering Solutions Disciplines that need to execute as part of this program scope to support planning, architecting and designing solution in preparation for procurement and deployment
- Support asset management in the procurement of engineering software necessary to build the program’s engineering applications
- Manage the deployment of the Engineering Applications required for the program
- Manage sustainment of the Engineering Applications
- Engage and consult with engineers on the implementation of engineering software solutions; assist programs in the use of and adoption of solutions and emerging technologies
- Manage installations and upgrades for engineering tools
- Deploy engineering applications. This includes the software installations, configurations, integrations and user acceptance of the applications
- Provide general user support for engineering tools
- Set and manage customer expectations while ensuring priorities are optimally met
- Function as part of the virtual Program Solutions and Services Operations support team
- Ability to multi-task, to support multiple customers, and to work within specific schedule and cost constraints
- Minimum of 4 years professional experience with B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical degree
- Knowledge of the software development process
- Working knowledge (including day to day use on a program) of common Engineering Tools.
- Familiarity with Windows, Unix and Linux environments
- Ability to troubleshoot / solve complex problems
- Ability to learn new skills and knowledge in a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication, presentation, and people skills with ability to interface with senior engineering leaders and program management personnel.
- 4-6 years program work experience in roles of increasing technical leadership and responsibility
- 2-4 years engineer tool support experience
- Customer engagement/relationship management experience or prior consulting experience.
- Strong computer skills and/or programming experience in one or more languages, including scripting languages.
- Experience generating documentation/tooling aids and instructing others
- Experience with cloud-based solutions such as AWS
- Experience using containers, and strong automation skills such as the automation of applications packaging, test automation, automation of operations such as the automation of applications packaging, test automation, automation of operations
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Information Systems, or related technical degree or Military experience may substitute for some requirements. Military technical certification credit for military experience (* military personnel who have been formally trained or have relevant experience obtained while in service versus civilian training)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.183806
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.