Electronics Subsystem LeadBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 166291BR Date posted 08/08/2020 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The person hired for this role will work alongside and lead a talented team towards the development of new state-of-the-art systems for space applications that meets our customer’s descriptions and requirements.
This role is for a sub-system engineer that has domain knowledge surrounding passive E/O sensing electronic subsystem design, the leadership and communication skills needed to manage development efforts, and the ability to evaluate technical solutions for the development of complex E/O systems intended for high reliability applications. The selected candidate will have practical experience in the design, build, test, integration and troubleshooting of such systems.
This role will require the candidate to take a systems engineering approach and to maintain detailed mission and overall systems knowledge that includes an understanding of the payload and bus architecture.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to decompose top level requirements down to subsystem requirements and have prior experience with complex link budget simulation methods, FPA interface design, mechanism control approaches, as well as power and thermal subsystems. The ideal candidate will have experience in the development of complete systems where size, weight, power consumption, and harsh environments are driving requirements.
The successful candidate will have experience in the design, analysis, simulation, development, and testing of analog, digital, mixed signal circuits, FPGAs, CCAs, Units and Interconnects for electro-optic sensors including FPA interface, mechanism closed loop controls, and thermal management. Experience should include high reliability design considerations including radiation effect mitigation, worst case circuit analysis, thermal management, and contamination as it relates to electronics and mechanisms.
Desired candidates will also have familiarity with cost and schedule management systems such as Earned Value Management. The ideal candidate will have the leadership and technical breadth needed to develop competitive proposals for the US government that will demonstrate detailed knowledge of E/O sensing technologies along with an understanding of the US government procurement process.
Must have a minimum of 10 years of related work experience.
- Electrical Engineer with 10 plus years of experience.
- Experienced in the design, analysis, development, and test of analog/digital/mixed signal circuits systems, modules, CCAs, units and subsystems.
- Full lifecycle E/O sensor development experience from proposal to requirements through production.
- Experience with requirements development and the decomposition of high level requirements into lower level submodules or components (i.e. CCAs, FPGAs, and Units).
- Willingness to work within a teamed environment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Project and small team leadership skills.
- Experienced with software tools such as SystemVision, Matlab, and MathCad.
- Experience with VHDL and software scripting.
- Experience with Xilinx or Microsemi FPGAs is a plus.
- Experience with Earned Value Management.
- Ability to navigate complex and sometimes incomplete requirements.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree from an ABET accredited university with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or other related STEM field.
- MSEE or graduate degree in STEM a plus.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 166291
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.