Electro-Optical Systems Engineer - MBSE / DNG / CAMEOBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 185325BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/08/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) is growing!
Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S) - Advanced Electro-Optical (AEO) Engineering has upcoming, multiple career growth opportunities, for mid-career Systems Engineers with expertise in MBSE for airborne electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) surveillance and targeting sensor systems.
requirements management in DOORS/DOORS Next Gen, system modeling in Cameo/Magic Draw, and executing the Integration Verification & Validation (IV&V) content for the E/O system. This role spans from planning activities through system delivery or test demonstration. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and have demonstrated capability in DOORS, specification management, system modeling and IV&V experience.
Main tasks include:
- Defining system architecture, requirement specifications, Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs),
- Maintain / manage external and internal specifications and VCRM (Verification Cross Reference Matrix),
- Creating and maintaining models (SysML)
- Oversee test standards and processes; develop IV&V procedures; verify configurations are documented and captured; facilitate review of test results and anomalies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in systems engineering (or a related field such as optical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics, etc), to include a solid math and physics background and experience with systems integration and verification, system level requirements development, and documentation.
- Experience with MBSE engineering tools (eg Cameo, Doors Next Gen, MagicDraw, SysML) to include requirements generation and flow-down in a connected framework.
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS and/or other requirement configuration management tools.
- Requires technical writing, presentation and interpersonal / teaming skills across multidisciplinary engineering teams, program management and customers.
- An active and in-scope DOD Secret US security clearance is required.
- Experience in the area of EOIR system and subsystem operation
- Experience with integration and test of EOIR hardware
- Experience writing software or scripts in multiple languages such as Python, Bash, C++, Java, VBA or Powershell
- Agile/Scrum program experience
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
Bachelor’s degree is a related STEM discipline (EE, ME, Mathematics, Physics, etc.)
Advanced degree in a related STEM discipline
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.