Communications Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 177342BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/08/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
The Systems Engineering Center is seeking a strong, technically sound engineering leader for the role of Communications Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) who is committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex remote sensing applications. The successful candidate will serve as the Comms IPTL on a large-scale, and very complex Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Communications (ISRC) Program and will be responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of the Comms IPT along with providing oversight for the delivery of verified subsystems, products or services to support system level build, integration and test, and verification activities. The Comms IPTL is responsible for overall technical ownership of the Integrated System and all system engineering work products across the entire life cycle of the program, including architecture development, requirements development, system integration and test, verification and validation. This position interfaces with cross-functional product teams, sub-contractors program management, and functional managers as well as non-engineering organizations such as finance, operations, supply chain, contracts and mission assurance.
**This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $50,000**
The Comms IPTL will:
- Be responsible for the planning, coordination, and communication of the cross-functional team responsible for delivering subsystems, products and services
- Ensure the assigned team’s objectives are achieved on schedule, and consistent with quality and technical standards
- Foster culture in-line with high performance and cohesive teams necessary to meet the technical, schedule and cost challenges
- Oversee execution of design, development, integration, and test of system and subsystem IPT work products.
- Support the development of cost proposals; basis of estimates, risk and opportunity management.
- Interface with the customer and establish trusted relationships to advocate for continued investment in both current and future technology investments.
- Support the technical management of major subcontracts and IOTs to ensure delivered products meet the technical performance objectives and are delivered on time and within budget
- Identify critical staffing resources and update staffing plans to provide adequate staffing to support all SEC tasks
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record
- Demonstrated successful experience with IPTL planning and execution
- Previous experience with comm system design and development
- Experience in development of high reliability space communications products
- Demonstrated experience in Space Payload development activities which should include one of more of the following: requirements development, allocation, verification and analysis; interface definition; CONOPS development; hardware and software design and development; and system level integration, validation and verification
- Knowledge and experience in software/hardware integration and test of embedded, real-time complex systems
- Experience with system or subsystem level Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V)
- Experience with developing and presenting technical briefings to the customer and company leadership
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience identifying engineering resources needed to get required engineering work product requirements done (people, processes, facilities & tools)
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationship with all levels of the organization, including customers, users, and other peer groups
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access US only data systems
- Active TS/SSBI
- Experience with comm networking systems
- Experience with FW and software design and implementation
- Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices (e.g. Dynamic, Vibration, EMI, Thermal Vacuum)
- STE design, testing or operation
- Experience with Software integration and test, configuration management
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering and/or Digital Engineering
- Experience in proposal development including developing Basis-of-Estimates
- Experience with working with operations staff, sub-contractors, team members and customers
- Active TS/SCI
BS in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
MS in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
**U.S. Citizenship Status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems**
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $120,500.00 to $241,500.00; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.177342
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.