Communications (Comms) Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Top Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 177345BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/03/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
We are looking for a Communications Systems Engineer who is interested in experiencing all elements of the space mission design process including system-level trades, requirements development, spacecraft design, performance assessment, integration and test, verification, and validation. This position will interface with the Lead Systems Engineer, Chief Engineer and other stakeholders to ensure program objectives are achieved. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
**This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $50,000**
- 8+ years Systems Engineering Experience
- Experience with requirements allocation and verification for comms subsystems
- Experience with comm subsystem trades and analysis
- Experience across the Systems Engineering Lifecycle/V such as:
- Developing Concepts of Operations
- Requirements Development, Decomposition, and Management
- System Level Design and Architecture
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce deliverable products
- Ability to the identify, manage, and mitigate technical risk
- Experience with SEIT tools such as DOORS, MATLAB, C++, and Python
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, particularly Excel, Project, and PowerPoint
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Active TS/SSBI
- U.S. Citizenship status is required
- Experience with RF design and implementation
- Experience with optical comm design and implementation
- Experience with network design and implementation
- Experience with Space Vehicles, Satellites, and Payloads
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) concepts and tools for developing architectures and functional analysis
- Experience with Firmware Development
- Knowledge of US Export/Import law in regards to space technologies
- Active TS/SCI
BS in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
MS in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $98,700.00 to $187,500.00; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Benefits offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.