Business Development Director for Electronic Warfare SystemsBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 188851BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/26/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Pipeline development and portfolio management: Lead SPS R&C and related business development functional activities to develop, identify and assess new business opportunities, and manage new business resources within budget to achieve AOP, 5YR and out year pipeline growth objectives. Partner across SPS and RTX to manage portfolio of global pursuits that individually range from $50M - $500M+.
- Customer / Competitor intelligence: Develop relationships with key customers; influence customer planning and clearly articulate to RI&S business leadership customer needs and opportunities. Understand, develop and leverage customer and competitive landscapes to inform and/or improve capture outcomes. Provide analysis and strategic leadership enabling the organization to understand important quantitative and qualitative factors in the development of business and portfolio analysis, key customer, competitor and market dynamics.
- Product line strategy development: Execute and evolve sub product line strategies to achieve business Long Range Plan (LRP) goals aligned with customer plans and programs. Create, analyze and articulate innovative solutions to problems that smartly leverage Raytheon’s core EW (and broader sensor and effector) products and technologies to obtain the most efficient and effective use of company investments and product line commonality strategies. Collaborate with PMO and engineering to develop technology requirements (IRAD/CRAD) to enhance new business capture.
- Capture execution: Lead and manage SPS capture portfolio. Develop and lead select new business captures; develop pricing and win strategies, prepare gate reviews, ensure capture process compliance and transition to execution teams within constraints of assigned New Business Investment (NBI) budgets. Manage direct, indirect and matrixed staff accordingly. Support global customer engagements, proposals, RFIs and White Paper development and other shaping activities as required.
- Comprehensive understanding of operational value of EW/SPS capabilities and how they integrate within airborne sensors and effectors from both an operational and mission solution perspective
- 14+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated success in strategic planning, business development, capture or equivalent military operational and acquisition/requirements leadership experience
- Recent experience with Electronic Warfare programs within DoD including but not limited to ALR-69A, ALR-67V3/5, Integrated EW Suites, Decoys, AESA Radars and advanced EW Systems
- Understanding of SOCOM, Navy, Air Force and Army EW systems, tactics, techniques, procedures and ability to relate effectively across all service markets
- Experience developing EW requirements and solutions to meet warfighter needs
- Experience with DoD planning, programming, and budgeting and related Congressional activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of the broader EW market dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present and articulate technical and business issues to senior internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to make balanced decisions in stressful business situations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently; a highly motivated self-starter
- Must be available to travel domestically and/or internationally on a monthly basis (up to 50%) or more as required
- U.S. Citizenship. Active Secret clearance
- USN or USAF TACAIR or US Army relevant operational experience and familiarity with advanced EW systems and related CONOPS
- Capture experience and proven success securing complex, competitive domestic and international wins
- Strong understanding of the unique international requirements such as licensing, FCPA, FMS and DCS procurement specifics and prior experience working with the various USG organizations that provide approvals for international sales
- Familiarity with RI&S businesses, key sensor and effector technologies, policies, and best practices
- Experience with DoD sponsored Electronic Warfare programs
- Demonstrated networking capabilities among core DoD/EW communities and platform primes
- Active TS//SCI
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business related discipline
- MBA and/or advanced degree
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.