Antenna Test & Verification Technical Lead and Front-Line Leader - Manager III Electrical EngineeringBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 180198BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/05/2021 City El Segundo State CA Country United States
A successful candidate will be an experienced technical team lead and possess the ability to work in the S3 Airborne Radar Antenna development programs. The candidate will be leading testing new Antenna design and ensuring Antenna meets Antenna requirements at the subsystem Antenna and system level. The Technical Lead and Front-Line Leader will be responsible for managing the team of Antenna test subsystem engineers including growth - hiring and mentoring the Antenna test subsystem engineers and facilitating career development. The manager will be working with the program chief engineers and program managers on S3 airborne Radar development programs to meet program staffing demands to meet antenna development testing at the Antenna High Power Near field (HPNF) chambers. This role is 75% hands-on technical contribution to programs and 25% functional team leadership.
The applicant will also lead antenna development proposals and program implementation to meet program specifications within allocated cost and schedule. They will prepare and manage staffing and loading across the period of performance, facilitate design performance and cost trade-offs, manage risks and opportunities, organize and lead team meetings, participate in internal design reviews, and program and customer reviews.
The candidate should be familiar in the use of Earned Value Management System (EVMS). They will prepare and present Program Performance Reviews (PPRs), Variance Analysis Reviews (VARs), Estimate at Completion (EACs) and other reports for periodic meetings for the department. They will be responsible to evaluate performance of the program and take necessary actions to keep the program within cost & schedule while identifying and mitigating program risks.
Experience should include RF Antenna AESA hardware testing and troubleshooting experience. Able to lead a team of AESA Antenna engineers on troubleshooting test plan on Airborne Radar hardware – includes the Antenna (AESA) in the High Power Nearfield chamber. Experience in AESA Antenna subsystem requirement verification and understand requirements needed to verify the AESA antenna through Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM) test and analysis.
Also candidate should be willing to take on leadership role in functional & team organization, including team leadership, staffing, staff direction, performance & career development and team development. They will be regularly engaged in developing staffing plans and hiring.
The person should be self-motivated and be prepared to work with a attentive team with an creative, yet schedule oriented mindset. This candidate will be leading pursuing production projects, guiding proposal activities and providing cost estimates based on prior programs, and authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs).
• Minimum 10 years of hands on industry experience in Airborne Radar AESA Antenna testing and troubleshooting in RF/Microwave, includes Antenna (AESA)
• RF/Microwave Antenna Testing experience such as High Power Near Field Testing, Low Power Antenna Testing and Troubleshooting
• Demonstrated knowledge in Airborne Radar Hardware and testing products focus on Antenna (AESA) and Antenna components
• Experience in RF Antenna (AESA) Subsystems (focusing on Antenna hardware) and a working understanding of architecture, design, and integration processes for Airborne Radar
• Understand system issues associated with RF design such as noise figure, IP3, S-Parameters, Antenna Gain, Antenna Directivity, ERP, Side lobe Levels (SLL), Oscillation, Receive Gain, etc.
• Expert proficiency with common RF test equipment such as Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal & Pulse Generators, and Oscilloscopes
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to function effectively as part of a larger team
• Experience in proposals and developing technical solutions and writing portions of both technical and cost volumes
• Demonstrate knowledge of guiding technical issues and investigation on Airborne Radar Hardware
• Able to work and lead with multi-disciplined engineering team in resolving technical issues and investigation
• Experienced at guiding Antenna (AESA) hardware integration and validation efforts necessary for efficient sell-off of advanced Airborne RADAR systems
• Able to Lead an Antenna Engineering Team
• Able to present technical results to Program Leadership
• RF/Microwave and Antenna (AESA) design skills including modeling and simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, etc.
• Excellent leadership & interpersonal skills
• Front Line Leadership Training
• Functional leadership or IPTL/CAM experience
• Program Management Certification, or Equivalent
A Bachelor's degree is required. Advanced degree(s) are preferred. A STEM degree is required (Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Information Technology, or equivalent STEM major).
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.